• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[OLD] gsingh's progression thread (trying to get sub 8 3x3 and sub 50 5x5)

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright Guys,

I'm very sorry for faking my 5x5 times.
I am sub 9 on 3x3, I can prove that if you guys want me to, no excuses this time.
I average 1:10 on 5x5.
I think the reason i started faking 5x5 is when I got a very good solve in the weekly comp, a 1:02 or something like that, i kept on feeling that i could have been a sub-1 if i hadn't gotten a bad Pll. So I edited the solve to be a 59, and made the average a 1:05.
I felt really bad about it, and i didn't plan on doing it again. I was going to delete it, but then people noticed. I felt that everyone would hate me if I said it was fake.( They would have a good reason, but still, no one wants to be hated.) So I kept on going, and every time I faked a solve I felt bad and wanted to admit faking solves but was too scared to do so. Every time I put this off it made me feel even worse.
So I'm sorry, I know i don't deserve it but I hope you guys forgive me.
I am especially sorry to people who believed my times and defended me, like @Timona and @TheEpicCuber .
Also @Imsoosm the reason the dates make it look like there is a huge time gap between each solve it because the solves have been imported from speedcubestats, a timer I used for a while, so those dates don't mean anything, they are just numbers.
As for the sub 6 avg the only explanation I can think of is that either they are 2x2 solves mixed in on accident or that my friends got their hands on my computer at some point.
@Mike Hughey , could you please delete my 5x5 times for the weekly comp?

Ill try to post the OH average soon. I'll try for this week but no promises.

Again, I'm, sorry for all of this. I know it will be hard but I hope you guys forgive me.
I promise to only post legitimate solves from now on.
I will delete this thread and make a new progression thread with zero cheating.

P.S does anyone have good algs for all 4 awkward shapes Oll's and the Nb Perm? Mine are really bad.

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
Alright Guys,

I'm very sorry for faking my 5x5 times.
I am sub 9 on 3x3, I can prove that if you guys want me to, no excuses this time.
I average 1:10 on 5x5.
I think the reason i started faking 5x5 is when I got a very good solve in the weekly comp, a 1:02 or something like that, i kept on feeling that i could have been a sub-1 if i hadn't gotten a bad Pll. So I edited the solve to be a 59, and made the average a 1:05.
I felt really bad about it, and i didn't plan on doing it again. I was going to delete it, but then people noticed. I felt that everyone would hate me if I said it was fake.( They would have a good reason, but still, no one wants to be hated.) So I kept on going, and every time I faked a solve I felt bad and wanted to admit faking solves but was too scared to do so. Every time I put this off it made me feel even worse.
So I'm sorry, I know i don't deserve it but I hope you guys forgive me.
I am especially sorry to people who believed my times and defended me, like @Timona and @TheEpicCuber .
Also @Imsoosm the reason the dates make it look like there is a huge time gap between each solve it because the solves have been imported from speedcubestats, a timer I used for a while, so those dates don't mean anything, they are just numbers.
As for the sub 6 avg the only explanation I can think of is that either they are 2x2 solves mixed in on accident or that my friends got their hands on my computer at some point.
@Mike Hughey , could you please delete my 5x5 times for the weekly comp?

Ill try to post the OH average soon. I'll try for this week but no promises.

Again, I'm, sorry for all of this. I know it will be hard but I hope you guys forgive me.
I promise to only post legitimate solves from now on.
I will delete this thread and make a new progression thread with zero cheating.

P.S does anyone have good algs for all 4 awkward shapes Oll's and the Nb Perm? Mine are really bad.
Nb perm can use r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F'.

also don't lie about the times anymore, we'll forgive you! :)

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
He used easy scrambles on cstimer and still got a 9.31 average even though he claims to average like 7 secs

EVIDENCE
He has bad nerves solving infront of people, which is what the camera and comp nerves come from. @gsingh could maybe solve at school to help the nerves of solving in front of people

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can't take 3 secs off your average lmao
It did to me in my comp

First round average: 12.83
Second round average: 15.84

It can happen

Luke O. Brannon - United States WCA profile

EventRound#BestAverageCitizen ofSolves
3x3x3 CubeSecond round3711.0115.84United States17.8617.0611.0115.3315.14
First round2010.7512.83United States12.1213.6814.8812.6910.75

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
He has bad nerves solving infront of people, which is what the camera and comp nerves come from. @gsingh could maybe solve at school to help the nerves of solving in front of people
5 seconds off his average because of nerves? 5 seconds is a lot of time. That's like Tymon or Max getting an 8 average when they average sub-6.

Also, you have to keep in mind that he faked before, which instantly lowers his trustworthiness by a lot.

It did to me in my comp

First round average: 12.83
Second round average: 15.84

It can happen
Don't you average like 14? That would be 1 second off your average, and the 12 average would be 2 off your average, that's not that much.

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
5 seconds off his average because of nerves? 5 seconds is a lot of time. That's like Tymon or Max getting an 8 average when they average sub-6.

Also, you have to keep in mind that he faked before, which instantly lowers his trustworthiness by a lot.

Don't you average like 14? That would be 1 second off your average, and the 12 average would be 2 off your average, that's not that much.
I do like 400 solves before my comp solves so I average good in comp.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
We shouldn't think about it in terms of seconds, it should be a percentage of normal average.
Gsingh averages 7, and on camera he got a 9.25 average. That's an increase of 32%.
Whereas with luke, let's say you average 13, getting a 15 average is only a 15% increase.
I still remain neutral, but there is increasingly more reason to believe otherwise. Also, this is the old thread in case you forgot but I don't think you did.

I average 11.5 ish, and the worst averages I get are ~12 - 12.5, even on camera (13.5% increase), and at my first comp, I averaged 12.5 and got a 14.1 average (13% increase).
30+% is a LOT, especially if you average low 7s.

PiKeeper

WCA
2021KLIN02
Gsingh averages 7, and on camera he got a 9.25 average. That's an increase of 32%.
Because that was with easy cross scrambles, his actual average is likely over 10. That's about a 45% increase. Bottom line is, all the evidence points to him faking solves. Maybe he isn't, but there is no reason whatsoever to think otherwise.