• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Oh, i didnt see you there

Pumpkinmuffin

I'm Jessy and I'm new here :) I've been cubing for about 5 months now. My pb for 3x3 is 38.xx and I solve pretty consistently between 40-50 seconds (I haven't done an Ao5 or 12 recently). I use CFOP but I eventually want to learn petrus or roux. As for goals, I just want to keep getting faster, learn more puzzles, and compete :) I cube whenever and wherever I can and I absolutely love it. I finished school (for now) and an internship for cardiology, but right now I just work a part time job as I'm going to be moving to Vancouver :)
So helloooo and nice to meet you, amd if there's anything you want to know, just ask :)

Pumpkinmuffin

Awesome, I'll have to check it out and see which one I like better :) I tried learning petrus instead of CFOP when I firzt started, but I didn't have a very good understanding of the cube yet, so it didn't click very well. Intuitive f2l was challenging, but the ll algorithms were appealing to me. What do you use?

Pumpkinmuffin

7.12 one handed?? :eek: I can't get past f2l one handed and that takes me like 2 minutes hahaha

Oh and btw, I wanted to learn roux, petrus, or zz simply because they seem fun, not to try and be the fastest or whatever. I think obsessing over times takes the fun out of cubing :)

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello :)
If you need help with Roux email or PM me and I'd be happy to help. Same with Petrus to an extent (I'm not as experienced with it; avg just sub-20) as I'm switching to it now.
Or I'll switch to waterman because it rocks. Yay for waterman. I average 12 seconds with Roux btw.

Pumpkinmuffin

pumpkin muffins are awesome
welcome :)
Hi :) they are indeed! Pumpkinmuffin is something my boyfriend calls me :p /cheesey

Hello :)
If you need help with Roux email or PM me and I'd be happy to help. Same with Petrus to an extent (I'm not as experienced with it; avg just sub-20) as I'm switching to it now.
Or I'll switch to waterman because it rocks. Yay for waterman. I average 12 seconds with Roux btw.

Oh! Thank you :) I want to improve some more with cfop before I learn another method, but when I do I'll keep you in mind :) the more I watch some zz solves on youthbe, the more I like zz! Ahh, I don't know which I like more!

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Watch some Roux solves (my YouTube channel has some); I'm sure you'll be mesmerised by the last step :)

But really, try all of them! Literally use all of them equally!
Eventually, I'd like to do the same as I did back when I was a beginner: use three methods equally, namely Roux, Petrus and either Waterman or ZZ. But ZZ gives me headaches trying to plan out the first step in inspection :/

Try at least the big five, which are CFOP, Petrus, Roux, Waterman and ZZ.
And check out the Heise method to expand your knowledge.

Good luck :D
And email me/ PM (email is better) if you need ANY help... I'm not irritable unlike some.

Pumpkinmuffin

Watch some Roux solves (my YouTube channel has some); I'm sure you'll be mesmerised by the last step :)

But really, try all of them! Literally use all of them equally!
Eventually, I'd like to do the same as I did back when I was a beginner: use three methods equally, namely Roux, Petrus and either Waterman or ZZ. But ZZ gives me headaches trying to plan out the first step in inspection :/

Try at least the big five, which are CFOP, Petrus, Roux, Waterman and ZZ.
And check out the Heise method to expand your knowledge.

Good luck :D
And email me/ PM (email is better) if you need ANY help... I'm not irritable unlike some.

Thank you! :) I'm thinking maybe petrus...or maybe roux...ahh I can't decide which to learn first xD
And I looked at your youtube and realized I'd seen your videos just the other day! Roux is pretty impressive to see because one second you think they're still halfway through, and the next the cube is solved :O

welcome to the forums, and ZZ is indeed really cool.
PM me if you would need any help in ZZ
Thank you :) Yeah it looks really cool and fun!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubiks to the third Cubing Help & Questions 2