• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Official WCA Regulations and Competiton pages

i read that a puzzle that has been modded cannot be used in a competion, does that mean the memyselfandpi mod makes a 6x6 illegal to use in a competion?

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
ljrox123
i read that a puzzle that has been modded cannot be used in a competion, does that mean the memyselfandpi mod makes a 6x6 illegal to use in a competion?

WCA regulations said:
3h) No modifications are allowed that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle. Some examples of enhancing the basic concept are: new moves are possible, normal moves are impossible, more pieces are visible, colours on the backside of the puzzle are visible, moves are done automatically, more or other solved states.
No. It's perfectly legal.

-----------------------------------------

Was there any real reason to bring this thread back?
(even though it is only 2 months old)

Last edited:
O_O The sticker logo on my cube fell of a while ago. Does that mean i can't compete due to:
3l) Cube puzzles must have at most one logo. For Rubik's Cube or bigger cube puzzles the logo must be placed on one of the centre pieces.

* 3l1) Colourless logos (max. 1 logo per colour) that are engraved are not considered as logos.

Is it legal to use a coloured cube?
Like those cubes without stickers?
And are hybrid cubes allowed?
Thanks.

WCA
2011NGUY03
YouTube
hic2482w
Is it legal to use a coloured cube?
Like those cubes without stickers?
And are hybrid cubes allowed?
Thanks.
WCA Regulations said:
3h) No modifications are allowed that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle. Some examples of enhancing the basic concept are: new moves are possible, normal moves are impossible, more pieces are visible, colours on the backside of the puzzle are visible, moves are done automatically, more or other solved states.
More pieces would be visible with a coloured cube (stickerless cube). And hybrid cubes aren't breaking any of the regulations.

My new Ghost Hand FII caps keep falling out, if this happens at a comp after finishing a solve, do you get a penalty?

My new Ghost Hand FII caps keep falling out, if this happens at a comp after finishing a solve, do you get a penalty?
It depends on how many caps come out. At Iowa I was using my C (which is notorious for having center caps come out) and a couple of my solves had cap pops but I received no penalties. If enough caps fall out that give doubt as to if the puzzle is actually solved (for example, 5/6 center caps) then it is a DNF.

"•5b5) If, after the solve, non functional parts of the puzzle are still defect (like a centre cap of a cube) or not fully rotated (like a 5x5x5 centre piece twisted in its spot), but the puzzle is otherwise unambiguously solved, the puzzle is considered solved. (discretion of the main judge)"

Last edited:
Put paper under it and it won't fall out.
Under?

It depends on how many caps come out. At Iowa I was using my C (which is notorious for having center caps come out) and a couple of my solves had cap pops but I received no penalties. If enough caps fall out that give doubt as to if the puzzle is actually solved (for example, 5/6 center caps) then it is a DNF.

"•5b5) If, after the solve, non functional parts of the puzzle are still defect (like a centre cap of a cube) or not fully rotated (like a 5x5x5 centre piece twisted in its spot), but the puzzle is otherwise unambiguously solved, the puzzle is considered solved. (discretion of the main judge)"
Oh right, thanks.

Thanks guys, I'll do this for the center caps, as for the other caps I think I'll super glue them in.