• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Not Just A Progress Thread - Week 2 - 4!

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Everyone,
As you may be able to see from the title, this is my progress thread as i attempt to become sub 15 in 3x3 as well as other puzzles which I will attempt to progress in as well.

Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Coming Soon
Coming Soon
Wish me luck!
My averages can be found below in my signature.

Happy Cubing
MoTheCuber
Soon to be Sub 15 on 3x3...

Last edited:

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know it hasn't been a week, however, I made some progress so I decided to skip a whole couple of days and do my progresses every Tuesday, enjoy!

So, I began this week thinking I was pretty good at Ortega Method on 2x2, that positivity soon changed to a more angry feel as on Saturday, I experienced a huge raise in 2x2 times, this not being good. My times where reaching low 10's which was not expected as I used to reach low 5s. However, the next day, I lifted my head up high and decided to go for another 2x2 session. That also not going too well. Your probably thinking at this point, "Mo, why were your times so bad," well, it turns out I was using a non-magnetic 2x2, this 2x2 I had mained previously, this was when I moved to my trusty DaYan Tengyun 2x2 Magnetic, a great cube. However, it was getting pretty late so I moved on. Sunday had come and wow... Was this a good day. My times were reaching low 5s high 4's which i was glad I was doing, I was back to normal. The thought of then learning CLL, came to me, this thought being pushed away almost immediately, I can do that another week.. Monday came and I made a lot of progress, the times had decreased further and I experienced once again the thought of learning CLL, so... that is my aim next week, learn some CLL algorithms, check this thread or my status for more updates coming soon.

So, I began my CFOP progression today, Saturday. Today was a pretty good day, I learned a Gb permutation meaning I only have the and N perm next and I am onto OLL! Yay! The times I achieved today were as follows: ........................ yeh, I didn't do any times. Onto Sunday and I have got an N perm left, so... I learnt a super lazy N perm from J Perm's video, you can find that here, JPerm (Not Rick Roll, trust me.) After drilling that into my brain, no it did not hurt, I used it in a couple of solves, surprisingly as it's very rare. And that is about it, (man I hope I do more in the full week that I get next week.
EDIT: Just realised I have one more N perm to learn :(

The next couple of events will be done soon.
Thanks.

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't say I didn't forget about this.

Nothing really happened this week.

This week was a new week. I learned full PLL, a made a YouTube Channel (link below) and I was pround of myself. was getting sub 20's all round. However, I desperately needed effiecient F2L. So, I spend the rest of the week doing so.

I am a pyraminx noob. I only know beginners method and I am pretty slow. However, I am still getting sub 10's and 15's which I think is good. Until I saw other people like @Micah Morrison etc who are great at it.
My YouTube

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have challenged my good friend and colleague @Zain_A24 to a race... A race to Sub 15 3x3. We both don't average around that time so it should be a nice smooth and long race. SpeedCubeCritic accepted the challenge (not knowing he will be beaten) and now the race begins as of when this post is uploaded onto this thread. @Zain_A24 best of luck and I hope this encourages us to practise becoming a faster CFOP cuber. I also hope we have fun having this competition!

The Rules vary:
There are no rules...

Thanks to SCC (SpeedCubeCritic) for accepting my challenge and let the battle commence!

Coming Soon
Whoever wins is THE BEST cuber out of us both.
Who do you think is going to win:
Mo or Zain?
Comment Below.
(Consider the fact I now know full PLL and SCC doesn't)
Zain will be making a thread shortly after this is posted so view that for his side of the competition.

IT IS NOT A COMPETITION!

Last edited:

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can I join? I'm just sub 20 with beginner method, 4LLL, and very little fingertricks (although the D2 moves and the M2 moves are too hard for me to resist...)
Yes, you can join, however, it it less of a competition and more of a "sharing progress thread" nothing like the Mo vs Critic League. Just something to motivate us to practise. However, it may turn into a forum competition. It is also more of a closed "battle" between colleagues. Much like other threads and videos that have 1 way cubing battles. But you are more than welcome to share your progress. It just won't be documented :)

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, you can join, however, it it less of a competition and more of a "sharing progress thread" nothing like the Mo vs Critic League. Just something to motivate us to practise. However, it may turn into a forum competition. It is also more of a closed "battle" between colleagues. Much like other threads and videos that have 1 way cubing battles. But you are more than welcome to share your progress. It just won't be documented :)
He was joking lol he averages 7 seconds

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick Update:
My times are increasing rapidly to 25 and 26 second times which I am not happy about? @Zain_A24 on the other hand is having the time of his life. Not good for me, GREAT for him...

Week 1 Coming Soon.
Any tips for a Sub 23 Cuber?
PM me instead of commenting as I don't want SpeedCubeCritic to find out the tips and put them against me.
Thanks and PM ME!
@Mo_A2244
EDIT:
No offence @Zain_A24 ...
@Zubin Park
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
We have been focusing along the YouTube line meaning I haven't been on the forums as much never mind this thread. However, I will be back with details for week 1 - 3, along with @Zain_A24 soon so stick around for that and remember to subscribe to The CubeCritics. :)

Last edited:

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE (after a long time.):
So.... Long time no see. My progress in weeks are below including Week 1.
Beginning with weeks 1, I had a rapid increase in times whilst Zain here, well, he was getting sub 20 solves which I was not happy about considering my previous speed comparing to his previous speed. (I was quicker). Another factor of my annoyance was I new full PLL and my competitor didn't meaning he would increase times very quickly when he learnt full PLL. However, the week had not ended yet... I had a chance to get some killer solves into my session. And killer it was. Many 16's and 19's however, no PB's which I wasn't really worried about until Zain got a PB. *Face smack.*

As the week got to an end I had a good session. My average of 100 was around the 20 - 21 mark which was decent but I knew I could beat in the future. Next week WILL be better.

So. Week 2, that's the week right. I had been zooming in times and had lost track of time. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, however back to the business. My times were really good, reaching low 16's and 17's to begin with but as I slowly got to learning OLL my times decreased to every solve I new the OLL and PLL of. However, not much else except for my average of 100 which was around the high 20 second time so not quite sub 20 but still getting some sub 20 solves. Now for week 3..

So, 3rd week. I am gonna go out and say it. I didn't get a sub 20 average of 100, however, many times were really good. If I had to pinpoint some solves (I would obviously choose the best) these being some 15's and even some lucky full step 14's with easy F2L Pairs and easy cases.
If you have read this far, make a "dad" joke in the comments, please don't spam, but wait for others to get confused.
Then I went on to still not get a PB even though Zain did which was also annoying however, anything can change in Week 4 which is this week. Huge thanks and mention to @Zubin Park who gave some tips through his thread and through PM so thanks to him.

Anything can happen in Week 4. I could get a sub 20 average of 100 maybe even sub 19. Good Luck Zain. Our battle will be legendary. (Congratulations to anyone who gets that reference.)

Thanks for reading and I will see you very, very soon in Week 4.
Bye.
Mo from The CubeCritics.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE (after a long time.):
So.... Long time no see. My progress in weeks are below including Week 1.
Beginning with weeks 1, I had a rapid increase in times whilst Zain here, well, he was getting sub 20 solves which I was not happy about considering my previous speed comparing to his previous speed. (I was quicker). Another factor of my annoyance was I new full PLL and my competitor didn't meaning he would increase times very quickly when he learnt full PLL. However, the week had not ended yet... I had a chance to get some killer solves into my session. And killer it was. Many 16's and 19's however, no PB's which I wasn't really worried about until Zain got a PB. *Face smack.*

As the week got to an end I had a good session. My average of 100 was around the 20 - 21 mark which was decent but I knew I could beat in the future. Next week WILL be better.

So. Week 2, that's the week right. I had been zooming in times and had lost track of time. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, however back to the business. My times were really good, reaching low 16's and 17's to begin with but as I slowly got to learning OLL my times decreased to every solve I new the OLL and PLL of. However, not much else except for my average of 100 which was around the high 20 second time so not quite sub 20 but still getting some sub 20 solves. Now for week 3..

So, 3rd week. I am gonna go out and say it. I didn't get a sub 20 average of 100, however, many times were really good. If I had to pinpoint some solves (I would obviously choose the best) these being some 15's and even some lucky full step 14's with easy F2L Pairs and easy cases.
If you have read this far, make a "dad" joke in the comments, please don't spam, but wait for others to get confused.
Then I went on to still not get a PB even though Zain did which was also annoying however, anything can change in Week 4 which is this week. Huge thanks and mention to @Zubin Park who gave some tips through his thread and through PM so thanks to him.

Anything can happen in Week 4. I could get a sub 20 average of 100 maybe even sub 19. Good Luck Zain. Our battle will be legendary. (Congratulations to anyone who gets that reference.)

Thanks for reading and I will see you very, very soon in Week 4.
Bye.
Mo from The CubeCritics.
Doctor: You will have to wait for your appointment
Dad: No problem, I'm patient