• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noob Alert!

Aaronus23

Hey you!:p

So i'm new at BLD and had a couple of questions:

1)Im' learning Old Pochmann, Whats next... M2/R2? 3OP? or a mix o both?

2)I learn my edges by letter pairs.... but i've been at it for almost 3 days.. and I cant get my memorization down to less than 10 minutes and my execution is at lleast another 5....
any tips?

3) and most important... I'm learning edges right now... and once I master them I'll move to corners... so I solve the corner looking and the edges BLD(untill I master them)
Is this correct?

Thx!!:tu

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1)Im' learning Old Pochmann, Whats next... M2/R2? 3OP? or a mix o both?
Make sure you have a solid understanding of Old Pochmann, then later you can maybe try M2 or TuRBo. Corners can be solved pretty fast with y-perm, so the next method up from the corners could perhaps be BH.
2)I learn my edges by letter pairs.... but i've been at it for almost 3 days.. and I cant get my memorization down to less than 10 minutes and my execution is at lleast another 5....
any tips?
By 'learn' I assume you mean memorise. Letter pairs have great potential, stick with them... PRACTICE! :)
3) and most important... I'm learning edges right now... and once I master them I'll move to corners... so I solve the corner looking and the edges BLD(untill I master them)
Is this correct?
-Once you are confident you can solve the edges BLD, put your focus into the corners.
-Practice solving the corners sighted with your BLD method, then once you feel confident, try some BLD corner solves.
-When you are capable of separately solving the edges and the corners BLD, try them both in the one attempt!

Aaronus23

-Once you are confident you can solve the edges BLD, put your focus into the corners.
-Practice solving the corners sighted with your BLD method, then once you feel confident, try some BLD corner solves.
-When you are capable of separately solving the edges and the corners BLD, try them both in the one attempt!

I thought so!

insane569

WCA
2011LUEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
when i started to do blind i wrote my letter pairs on a paper and then used the paper as my memo
if the cube was solved after the execution then its successful
memo will take time to get good at i used to take about 17 minutes for memo and execution and it quickly dropped to about 5:30 memo and execution
practice alot
consider The blindfold race for weekly practice

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I put labels on a cube I don't use to help me learn the letter pairs.
I took a glance to this cube every time I forgot a letter and soon I had them all memorized