• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Noah's Big BLDs

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've started doing 4 and 5 BLD every day. I record most of my solves, and I will upload all the ones that are on camera PBs. So I've decided to make just one thread instead of lots of threads or no threads.

So join me in my quest to surpass the great Ollie Frost!

Make sure you criticize my solves and make fun of my slow memo.

Last edited by a moderator:

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
You guys, you guys.... subbing 5 on 4bld like a piece of cake. =___=. I will start big BLD soon when I think I've done enough MBLD practice!

I've got nothing to criticize on considering I'm the noob here. Haha.

However, I think that if you try to do execution slower and make it more smooth/fluid you'll get faster maybe. :s

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well you might be a little less impressed with this:

Good memo for me, but safety execution by about 3 minutes. I'll call it my jumping-off point into the world of 5BLD. Sorry I don't like editing videos.

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well you might be a little less impressed with this:

Good memo for me, but safety execution by about 3 minutes. I'll call it my jumping-off point into the world of 5BLD. Sorry I don't like editing videos.

Lol. Haha, but its still very impressive, not many can do it. Sub 15 on 5BLD. At least its still a long way for me to get there. :p

Isaac Paurus

You guys, you guys.... subbing 5 on 4bld like a piece of cake. =___=. I will start big BLD soon when I think I've done enough MBLD practice!

I've got nothing to criticize on considering I'm the noob here. Haha.

However, I think that if you try to do execution slower and make it more smooth/fluid you'll get faster maybe. :s

What is MBLD?

A Leman

So join me in my quest to surpass the great Ollie Frost!

No thank you. Ollie is awesome and I am nowhere near ready to surpass or take down the great Ollie Frost in any type of BLD

Make sure you criticize my solves and make fun of my slow memo.

OK. Since you asked, I will say it. You're slow, an embarrasment. I mean, It's only 2 seconds faster than the NAR holder who has a 30.90 BLD single. I think you're past the stage of being made fun of for being slow. The person that should be made fun of now is me.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy ship, you're serious! :eek:

In that case, I'll be using the Christmas break to speed-optimize my corner cycles and catch you on 3BLD. ;) But thank you for the kind words. I know you'll catch me on 4BLD soon, I don't practice it as much as 5BLD, but for 555 I'm averaging sub-10 atm. :)

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Could you please stop referring to being slow while being sub 10 / sub 20 ?

Rather talk about there still being room for improvement: you're not slow.

I'm
slow!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Um wut?

Really lucky scramble.

This is my overall PB.

f' L' u R' U2 L U u' L R2 f' L u U' r2 B' F2 D2 L2 F' r2 R' D R U F r2 f' u R2 u' D2 r2 F2 U D L f2 U' L2

Cube: SS V3 with Konsta and Florian mods
Method: 3-Style

Somehow there were only 11 center targets (10 solved centers), 4 corner targets with 2 twisted corners and 20 wing targets.