• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Story of Improvement | Taking a short break

What should I name this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol, wanna switch our OH race to a race to sub 55 on mega? I'll give you a few days head start while I finish getting decent at OH since I basically avg 59-1:00 on mega
View attachment 13246

Idk I think we should keep it as an OH race, it's not like I am quitting OH forever. Plus it gives you time to catch up! ;)

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I recently got a 3x3 ao5 critiqued by @Micah Morrison! He did a great job and put a lot of effort into it, so thanks Micah! The main thing I learned is that I need to start planning cross+1 consistently, which is something that I should have done ages ago. I will be working on planning first pair on the side while focusing on Megaminx and Square 1.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently competed in Cubing With Corona 4, an online competition organized by @Owen Morrison and @Micah Morrison! It was super fun, and I got some good results. I got pretty good results for most of my events, but the biggest surprise was definitely 3x3. I got in the top 8 in round 2 which meant I was going to the finals! I was the #4 seed, and my first match was against the #5 seed, but they never showed up so I got a free ride to the semifinal match. I was up against Bautista Bonazzola, who averages sub 8 global, had already won a CWC comp before, and was the number one seed! I assumed I was going to lose easily, but I somehow clutched it out and won that round. That meant I was going against @Micah Morrison himself to see who would win the competition. I was still in disbelief that I had beaten Bautista, so I wasn't really focused during the final round, and I lost fairly easily. I was still super happy that I got second place though! Thanks again @Owen Morrison and @Micah Morrison as well as everyone else involved for an awesome series of comps!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Week 10 is out! This week I didn't have too much time to practice, but I still made some improvement. I got my square 1 average from 19-20 back to 18 again. I didn't improve that much in megaminx, but I did learn some 4LLL algs. I am starting school in person very soon, but I am going to try and get the most out of the little time I have to practice. This means more deliberate practice, with less mindless solving and more exercises targeted at specific weaknesses. I can't wait to improve some more!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
So uhh.. my short break turned into a 3+ month break from serious practice lol. I started making cubing videos as many of you know, and I found that it was way more fun for me than practicing cubing. I've started to enjoy cubing more, before I felt like it was a burden but now I can appreciate cubing more than before. That's why I haven't updated this thread.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
So uhh.. my short break turned into a 3+ month break from serious practice lol. I started making cubing videos as many of you know, and I found that it was way more fun for me than practicing cubing. I've started to enjoy cubing more, before I felt like it was a burden but now I can appreciate cubing more than before. That's why I haven't updated this thread.
Your videos really reflect your love of cubing IMO