• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nissy - A Rubik's cube solver and FMC assistant

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone!

I have just released version 2.0 of my cube-solving program, Nissy: https://github.com/sebastianotronto/nissy

It is a command-line tool (no graphical interface like Cube Explorer for now, sorry) to solve the cube. It is quite fast: on my fairly old 4-core laptop it takes a minute on average to find an optimal solution, using 4 cores.

Nissy can also solve many common substeps used in FMC solutions, such as edge orientation, domino reduction, half turn reduction... you can find a list of all commands and their options in the pdf file in the doc folder. See also some examples in the screenshots below.

I personally find it quite useful to analyze my FMC solves and check if I missed something. It can also be used in combination with some shell scripting to get statistics on random scrambles.

Have fun!

Command: nissy solve -t 4 -v -O 1 (scramble...)

screenshot_2021-12-29-175730.png

Command: nissy solve eo -N -M 4 (scramble...)

screenshot_2021-12-29-180119.png

Command: nissy scramble -n 2 | nissy solve dr -i
This commad will only work in a UNIX shell

screenshot_2021-12-29-180353.png