• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Next Step?

JimCube

WCA
2016REGA04
Hey guys, this is my first thread, although its my 3 post already. Im new here although i have been cubing for the past month and a half. I keep practicing although my times dont improve (except when i get skips :p) too much. I average 35 secs most of the time and my pb is 24 secs (was a plus two tho so technically 26 and it was a skip) however i still get 40 second solves sometimes :(
I use F2l and 4lll however i still dont know the e perm, z perm and some oll cases (i just spam sune if so). What should be my next step? Well obviously i should learn those algs i mentioned above and improve my F2l (cross and f2l take about 20 secs for me sadly but sometimes when im lucky i get it under 20 secs) but what should be my next major step? Full Pll allready? I honestly have no idea about other last layer stuff and things like coll or wv. Thanks everyone!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Full PLL is definitely a good way to start after you learn the rest of 2-look OLL. Also, practicing F2L by doing slow solves and trying to be as efficient as possible is something you should do whenever you can. As far as COLL and WV go, you don't need to learn those until much later, although it's always good to know some basic cases (like when to use F triple sexy F' instead of double sune).

JimCube

WCA
2016REGA04
Full PLL is definitely a good way to start after you learn the rest of 2-look OLL. Also, practicing F2L by doing slow solves and trying to be as efficient as possible is something you should do whenever you can. As far as COLL and WV go, you don't need to learn those until much later, although it's always good to know some basic cases (like when to use F triple sexy F' instead of double sune).
No way DG? I never expected you to answer! Thanks for the advice dude, btw i watch some of your videos!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn full PLL as said above though you may want to start looking at some other methods to see if you like them more than CFOP. You will also definitely need to learn full OCLL at some point or at least learn full 4LLL.

JimCube

WCA
2016REGA04
Learn full PLL as said above though you may want to start looking at some other methods to see if you like them more than CFOP. You will also definitely need to learn full OCLL at some point or at least learn full 4LLL.
Thanks shadowslice, i had a look at some of your methods and i am pretty interested but i have no idea how they work lol. I am kinda getting bored of cfop tho and i have tried roux and zz altho i didnt like it. I will try your methods if i can understand them, but which one of those methods do you thinks has the most potential? I wouldnt want to learn a method that cant reach sub 7. (In the future tho) Thanks!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks shadowslice, i had a look at some of your methods and i am pretty interested but i have no idea how they work lol. I am kinda getting bored of cfop tho and i have tried roux and zz altho i didnt like it. I will try your methods if i can understand them, but which one of those methods do you thinks has the most potential? I wouldnt want to learn a method that cant reach sub 7. (In the future tho) Thanks!
The "best one" is probably SSC though it can be somewhat of a headache for a beginner to get their head around. You could also try some other methods like PCMS or Petrus.

Survfour

After you've learned all the 4lll algs, I would learn full PLL, because in my opinion it's easy to learn. I don't know about your F2L, but if you haven't already used this, https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/First_Two_Layers is a great page for learning F2L cases. Knowing most of those and learning to use them in your solves without thinking too much could help your F2L. It will take a while to learn to use them in solves, practise without a timer and learn to use those F2L algs