• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Newbie (to the forums, of course) here. :)

xAdamster

Uhh... hello fellow... speedcubers. xD I am Adams, and I have been solving the cube for about a month now... I got interested by this kid in school who taught me... so yeah. Uhh.. my average is like 55-60 seconds. I use the Fridrich (cross, then F2L, then OLL), but then I use this algorithm he showed me, which is R' F R' 2B R F' R' 2B 2R. And then I rotate the final cubies clockwise/counter-clockwise. And it is pretty slow... T_T Uhh.. *reads the guidelines' suggestion section* I like reading, playing online computer games (DDO, KoL, MapleStory, etc). I also like K-Pop. xD So... yeah. Hi guys. :) Oh. And I am Chinese. xD

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
Welcome to the forums!

Just so you know it's not 2B and 2R but rather, B2 and R2. Not that big a deal though. If you think you PLL is slow learn 2-look. First you permute the corners and then the edges. I think. I went straight to full PLL so I'm not certain. Either way it doesn't matter. anyway, welcome and if you have an simple questions about algs, methods, times, cubes, feel free to use the One Answer Question Thread.

stinkocheeze

Hi! Welcome!
Please remember to use correct grammar (nothin leik dis pl0x) and don't make too many threads asking questions. There is a thread for questions called the one answer question thread.
Also, use the search function before make threads.

Have fun!

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
But seeing as English is not your native language don't worry about the finer details of ilthe grammar just avoid anything like the example above. It's really annoying. Anything you're unsure of while you get used to it here you can pm me for help.

abctoshiro

Welcome to the forums! Go by the rules, help and get helped, avoid being banned, and most of all, have fun here! :)

rock1313

WCA
2012HAMA03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Uhh... hello fellow... speedcubers. xD I am Adams, and I have been solving the cube for about a month now... I got interested by this kid in school who taught me... so yeah. Uhh.. my average is like 55-60 seconds. I use the Fridrich (cross, then F2L, then OLL), but then I use this algorithm he showed me, which is R' F R' 2B R F' R' 2B 2R. And then I rotate the final cubies clockwise/counter-clockwise. And it is pretty slow... T_T Uhh.. *reads the guidelines' suggestion section* I like reading, playing online computer games (DDO, KoL, MapleStory, etc). I also like K-Pop. xD So... yeah. Hi guys. :) Oh. And I am Chinese. xD

Better algorithm l' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 Which is sort of the same, but the little L at the beginning of the algorithm changes everything.

Last edited:

xAdamster

O_O Uhh... I am not sure what that does. :O Does it sort of uhh.. permute the last layer or something (I tried it, and it moved this white corner piece to the top)?

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an idea.
Just to see where you are cubingwise, I want you to do a solve for me with this scramble:
B' D2 F U L' B' R' L' F U2 D' B2 R' B L B2 L2 U' L' U' R' L D' L R'

Post what you'd do with this scramble. Scramble with white on the U face and green on the F face (which, may I add, is how they scramble officially).
So, just solve each step as you normally would, and type out with moves you do.
If you're unsure about what certain moves are on the cube (such as rotations, slice moves, and wide turns), please check out this page.

My solution:
2x2x2 + one cross edge: y B R F' U M U F' x'
x-cross + 2nd pair: y' R U' R U' R D' R U' R' D
3rd pair: u' R U R' D
4th pair: U2 R U2 R2' F R F'
OLL: y f R U R' U' R U R' U' f'
PLL: U R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2

xAdamster

*sigh* Okay. This is the 7th time right now. First 5 times I messed up on the notation and forgot where I was (in the solving and typing), so I had to restart. For the 6th time, I finished, except it says I was not logged in. I have been really busy with my homework and everything, so yeah (late reply) Sorry.. Here is how I would solve it:
Cross: y' F R U y' F R' D R y2 F R F x2 (So now, the white cross is on the bottom and the blue side is facing me.)
F2L pair 1: y' R U R' U2 y' R' U2 R U' R' U R
F2L pair 2: R U R' y2 R U2 R' y2 R U2 R' U R U' R'
F2L pair 3: y' U R U R' U' y' R' U' R
F2L pair 4: U' R U R' y' U2 R' U2 R U' R' U R
OLL: U' F U R U' R' F' y (R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R)
PLL: (R' F R' B2 R F' R' B2 R2) U' (R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2) y (R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2)
Okay. And uhh.. the last ones were in parenthesis because they were algorithms that I used. (The last two are PLL and uhh... the third to last one is one I learned from a friend which is the one you talked about, and the first one in parenthesis (in the OLL section) was the OLL algorithm.)

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, time to pwn teh n00b...JK

There is specific section devoted to the introduction of new cubers.

P.S. Dont use words like "umm....". They are suppose to be used in verbal conversation sometimes when you choose to think about something or dont know an answer to a question.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting solve. Here's what I would have done in certain situations you came to:

You could have, in F2L 1, done (L' U2 L U2 L' U' L) to solve the same pair.
You could have, in F2L 2, done (L U2 L')(R U' R' U R U' R') to solve the same pair.
You could have, in F2L 3, done (U' D L' U L D'), a keyholing technique, to solve the same pair.
You could have, in F2L 4, done (R U' R' y' R' U' R) to solve the same pair.

The OLL was a lightning bolt. These are relatively easy cases.
For OLL, you could have done (y M (R U R' U R U2 R') U M').
Also, for PLL, you had an A permutation.
For PLL, you could have done (U (R2 B2 R F R' B2 R F' R)), also known as the inverse of the algorithm you used. xP

Your F2L is in decent shape. Try to find optimal solutions to different cases. Play around with cross edges. You could completely screw up the cross and intuitively pair up the pieces, like some ZZ techniques when building the L and R blocks.
Your OLL looks okay. You have a good Pi algorithm (the one you used for the corner orientation, that is--I use that algorithm).
Your PLL, however, is lacking. I suggest you learn the A-permutations for corners-only permutations, as well as the E-permutation (for the same cause). Then, learn both U-permutations, the H-permutation, and the Z-permutation for edge permutation. This should help your times considerably.

~Ranzha