• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Yuxin 6x6 and 4x4

mati1242

From what I've seen on unboxing and first impressions it's nothing special at least for me. But yeah it's just on video.

Wysłane z mojego SM-A300FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did about 30 solves and it's still kinda stiff. Lubing and tensioning didn't help at all. I don't really think it will be better than Moyu, but we will se tommorow. I'll try to go for mo100. If you're interested in seeing it in action, you can check my unboxing

attilio

Yuxin just released new 6x6 and 4x4 cubes. 4x4 is Zhisheng and 6x6 is red Kirin. Both are stickerless versions.

I will upload the video with performance of both cubes very soon
Where did you buy it?

Eme

That is sweet! If the 6x6 will have a reasonable price (in the Bochuang league I mean) I will get it. I have always hold off from getting a 6x6 because the Aoshi was too pricy, the Shengshou doesn't come in stickerless and I wasn't sure I'd have liked this event.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I'm getting one. I also prefer Cyclone Boys stickerless shades (I have a G4 and I love it) but I recently got a Yuxin 5x5 in stickerless and, with good lighting, recognition is fine between red and orange (not so under bad lighting).

So I think I can manage and, even if it's not much better than the Aoshi, at least it will be cheaper and, most importantly, no candy colors! :)

Also the new 4x4 looks fantastic and might be a contender to the G4 but unless it's much better I'll stick to my G4 just because of the nicer shades. Now that I'm moving to all stickerless I regret having recently bought an Aofu GT in black with stickers... bad decision.

willi pilz

I think I'm getting one. I also prefer Cyclone Boys stickerless shades (I have a G4 and I love it) but I recently got a Yuxin 5x5 in stickerless and, with good lighting, recognition is fine between red and orange (not so under bad lighting).

So I think I can manage and, even if it's not much better than the Aoshi, at least it will be cheaper and, most importantly, no candy colors! :)

Also the new 4x4 looks fantastic and might be a contender to the G4 but unless it's much better I'll stick to my G4 just because of the nicer shades. Now that I'm moving to all stickerless I regret having recently bought an Aofu GT in black with stickers... bad decision.
Yuxin has now better stickerless shades.

MoFoYa

I preordered the red as my first 6x6... I usually wait for reviews first; but, I decided to just go for this one. I'm excited to get it; I hope it's good.

Edit:
I got it yesterday. It's pretty good; very smooth. I had 2 center pieces pop on my 3rd solve; but, I was kind of testing the limits. I'm curious to see what others think...

Last edited:

jaredye

So have you had it yet? I have an Aosu 4x4 but I feel its inner layers are slow. I can't loosen the tension because it's quite easy to pop.