• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Discussion] Cubing YouTube Channels

Jacob F

Any tips for growing a cubing YouTube channel?
I have a YouTube channel where I make content that is unique and relates to events in the cubing community. I even had a nationals prediction video where I got over 900 views, but I’m stuck at 47 subscribers. Does anyone have tips for helping my channel to grow? I’ll link my channel, pb&jcubing here. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcwjvMuBHnjf5IjJKnsUjlw

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wondering if people could give some feedback on my videos and what I could be doing better. Don't feel obliged to sub or like, I'm just requesting some constructive feedback.
Thanks.

My Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxWMy-sHzCiPY3kG0pV5kLA
I watched your review of the 354M.

Some thoughts:

1) The stuff at the beginning is rough and jumpy. If you're going to do "action" shots where you pan from one thing to another, it's gotta be smoother.

2) There's a weird red light that appears on the cube for a couple seconds.

3) For the solve footage, I would recommend placing the camera up higher. The angle is a little too flat right now, IMHO.

4) I would also recommend covering up the window as your camera is picking up the light from the window and underexposing the rest of the frame as a result. In addition, the sunlight creates a bright white "hot" spot in the footage where the picture is blown out. Alternatively, film closer to the window and actually use the light for lighting the picture.

5) In general, try to bring more light into the video. Things are nice and visible but could be brighter.

6) Good job on the audio. You're plenty loud enough and clear. And you're not killing us with music that's way too loud. Well done!

Good luck with your channel.

CubingWithJay

WCA
2015MCCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I watched your review of the 354M.

Some thoughts:

1) The stuff at the beginning is rough and jumpy. If you're going to do "action" shots where you pan from one thing to another, it's gotta be smoother.

2) There's a weird red light that appears on the cube for a couple seconds.

3) For the solve footage, I would recommend placing the camera up higher. The angle is a little too flat right now, IMHO.

4) I would also recommend covering up the window as your camera is picking up the light from the window and underexposing the rest of the frame as a result. In addition, the sunlight creates a bright white "hot" spot in the footage where the picture is blown out. Alternatively, film closer to the window and actually use the light for lighting the picture.

5) In general, try to bring more light into the video. Things are nice and visible but could be brighter.

6) Good job on the audio. You're plenty loud enough and clear. And you're not killing us with music that's way too loud. Well done!

Good luck with your channel.

Thanks so much for taking the time to deconstruct my video. I'm definitely going to apply some of these techniques into my videos. Thanks again.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I have a Taiwanese cubing channel called "魔方兄弟Cubing Brothers".

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3S-vIuoOsMN1jGWElZPww

It is a collab channel between me and two of my friends. We do unboxings, reviews, tutorials and on our channel.

Though this channel may not be useful to most people here due to language problems, but please still sub it so more Taiwanese can see it!

ElephantCuber

WCA
2017BREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Hazel

Premium Member
i am wanting to make a youtube channel but am totally lost for what to call it, any ideas?

I can't give ideas, but I have advise...
Be creative, do something that hasn't been done already. Don't make it XYCuber, as there's already countless of those. Don't do a knockoff of J Perm either with something like T Perm or whatnot, that's been overdone. Look at ColorfulPockets, he has a clever and unique channel name. If it takes time and effort to come up with, it's likely a good name, or at least a good starting point for a name.

ElephantCuber

WCA
2017BREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a channel called Elephant Cuber my most popular video is a cubing song parody of flossing' by the backpack kid, my channel has 142 subscribers and I would love more support here is a link to my channel if you want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0yQnRNPlChg5-l6xosrOJg?view_as=subscriber
and please check out the song here
Thank you to anyone who takes Time to check it out