• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Way Of Planning First Pair During Inspection

How was this thread and did this help?? (read the thread first plzz)

• This was a nice thread and learnt a lot!!!!!!!!

• This was a nice thread but the tip sucks ---------

• The thread was bland but your tip was interesting""""

• You, Your Thread, Your Tips all Suck/////

Results are only viewable after voting.

Agam Chawla

Hey, New to the forum(joined previous week) first ever thread so please tell where to improve.
I am sub 13 and aiming for sub 10 for the longest time was not consistently able to plan my first pair due to laziness, until only today during an online class I was doing slow X look Solve practise when I came across this new way of planning the first pair.
Pre requisites-
1) Edge Orientation
2) Able to track cross corner sticker during inspection
How it Goes
suppose you have solved the cross, you find a corner which will stay on the U layer and track its sticker of the cross colour.
Then you find its corresponding edge and know its orientation,
If the cross sticker is upwards then life and tracking both are easy but if they are not you use the edge for help.
If cross sticker is not on the top, you are down to two cases to solve the pair one with the rotation and one without the rotation
here you use the edge orientation.
If the edge is oriented you have eliminated the F2L case requiring the rotation
Leaving you with the only F2L case which is your first F2L case

I know this was a LOT lengthy but just try it once in an AO5.
Any recommendations are appreciated
Hope this Helped!!!!!!!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did not see the new thing that you implied from your title. What is the new way of the planning the xcross process?

The points you pointed out are already known.

Agam Chawla

I agree to you that this is a known method,
but only to some fast around sub 9 people as they are definitely planning First pair in inspection. I am sub 13 and was struggling to plan first pair but with this technique I found it very easy to do so. Only yesterday I posted this because by only yesterday I got to know it and I tried that in untimed solves. In the end I did 25 solves timed and got 4 sub 10, 2 sub 11 averages and sub 12.5 average of 25.
So it worked for me and wanted to share it to the other cubers averaging somewhere near me.
Also a clarification that it is not for X cross but just for tracking where the first pair would be.
If you want I can change the title to something more clear.

Paul.Mz

As a sub 40 cuber this helped me alot because I spend hours in *how to do the first pair* that means my inspection is around 5 mins .. but after I knew this way (which I didnt know before ) my problem is solved

Thanks so much !!

Agam Chawla

Thanks for appreciating the tip,
but when you are around 40 well the truth is that planning the first pair in inspection is not gonna help you get faster as much as basic tips are going to.
So for getting sub 30 just focus on efficient F2L

ZB2op

As a sub 40 cuber this helped me alot because I spend hours in *how to do the first pair* that means my inspection is around 5 mins .. but after I knew this way (which I didnt know before ) my problem is solved

Thanks so much !!
I'm sub 15 and I don't plan first pair