• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Type DIY from cube4you.com

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got my final model DIY from cube4you today, and I've had some troubles putting it together.

n1462290141_30085456_682.jpg

n1462290141_30085457_9557.jpg

n1462290141_30085458_9912.jpg

I put it together after not getting that little edge thing in. I dont' really like it and I was wondering if anyone else has played with this.

TheBB

WCA
2004FONN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got a decent one _with_ the edge thingies in, but it's far from tip-top, and it took a loooot of tuning to get it even there. Far from satisfied. I'm also interested in opinions and tricks, cus I got three more of these buggers to deal with :).

Dyste

Hm.., I wonder what my experience will be like. Mine should come sometime this week or the next; hopefully the former. I suppose Mr. PizzaGuy means "i know not to buy these now!"

I also ordered the extra components to see if I can better tune my first new type (a) model. I hope the new core is better. Large washers better be included this time. *crosses frozen fingers*

Let1Hang

I asked the owner of cube4you and he said that you needed glue for that o_O

I still haven't bothered to assemble mine.

Did they recommend a type of glue? I just received my first DIY yesterday and I put it together. Also am I supposed to glue all but the centers as well?

VooX

This is looking complicated.

I just ordered a few of the new type DIY. One is a gift for a cuber-to-be. Maybe I should order an old DIY to give him instead?

Is everyone experiencing difficulties/delays in assembling or tuning their new type DIY?

magicsquares

I didn't bother to put those little rectangles in but I heard you're supposed to super glue them.

Are the caps you guys used for the centers the same as the ones for edges and corners?