• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New to the forums

uigrad

Everyone else is saying hi, so I thought that I would too. I'm not sure if I'll post much here -- I plan to just lurk, but thought I'd get one post in, so that the forum mods don't delete my account for lack of use.

I found the following questions in someone else's thread, and thought I'd copy them here.

What is your current best time?
29.3? seconds. That was ~4 years ago, and I couldn't do it again today. I was only sub-30 twice, and once was a luck-based solve (completely skipped PLL)

What time do you average?
My average had reached about 43-44 seconds.

What method do you use to solve the cube?
Fridrich method, although I didn't use all of her OLL sequences. There's a lot more written today on her method than when I learned it. I've forgotten a good deal of it now, and would need to re-memorize if I wanted to get back into speed cubing.

What kind of cube do you have?
Cheapo "Rubik" brand from Walmart. I lubricated it with lip balm, and put scotch tape over the stickers so they would last longer. I'm interested in knowing where I could buy a good kit, since I always hated the cube I had from Walmart.

happa95

WCA
2008HAKO01
YouTube
happa95
Welcome to the forums! If you live in the U.S. your best bet for getting a new cube would be the puzzleproz shop on ebay (don't worry it's reliable). Internationally, I think you would go for either cube4you.com or 9spuzzles.com

uigrad

Thanks for the tip!

Actually right after I posted here, I went over to the hardware forum, and started doing some research. After seeing some people talk about the DianSheng 222, I decided to buy one off of ebay. I may try getting a "Type A" from puzzleproz later if I don't like the 222.