• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New to speed cubing. Hello.

Boogie dude

Hello fellow cubers, my name is Jeff and I love to cube.
I am nearing 50 years of age. I started cubing when the cube first came out.
I love the challenge. For many years I forgot about my cube.
Then a few years back I saw a video on speed cubing. I couldn’t believe the speeds of solving the cube.
So I set myself a challenge of breaking the 1 minute barrier. Thankfully I did it. I actually got my pb down to 32 seconds. But then I forgot about my cube again until I saw the 11 x11 cube. And set myself the challenge of solving 6 x 6 to 11 x 11 cubes. And managed them all.
So my new challenge is to get my solve time to below 30 seconds, but I am aiming for below 20 seconds eventually.
I have just ordered a giiker cube.
But I am looking for any help and advice on improving my times.
My main method of solving the 3 x 3 cube is the layer method.
Regarding my user name. I love playing piano, particularly boogie woogie.
So hopefully I can get a lot of help and tips here.
Speak soon.
Jeff.

Boogie dude

thank you, I will have a look at them. I am also looking at a better cube for speed.
I have 2 cubes one seems a bit loose and the other is a little stiff.
any suggestions on a great intermediate cube would be great.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01

Boogie dude

I am currently relearning oll & pll algs. And I am starting to look at 2FL. My gan speed cube is awesome, but the main thing is I am really enjoying this cubing thing now. Can’t wait to try my giiker cube when it arrives.