• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

NEW SUPER AMAZING 3X3 METHOD: TICT

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
fazrulz1
Thread starter #1
Ok so i was experimenting with some stuff and i came up with this super awsome amazing method which i like to call: TICT

it stands for

T: Twins. You will see more about this if you read on
IC: Intuitive corners
T: T perm!!!!!!

STEP 1:
ok so the first step is to get a 1x1x3 block. You can do this by firstly getting a 1x1x1, then extending it to a 1x1x2, then to a 1x1x3. You should be able to do it intuitively, but here are some algorithms to help you

U
R
U'
R'
U2
R2
F2
F
F'

solve it correctly with teh centers and everything.

Place it in the DL area

STEP 2:

Solve another 1x1x3 on the bottom layer. this is called a twin 1x1x3. you can do this intuitively, but some algorithms to help you are M M' and M2

ALERT!!!!!!

IF THE EDGE THAT BELONGS IN DR IS STUCK IN THE M LAYER DO NOT PANIC!!!!!

simply rotate using u and u2 moves, then take it out, and undo the u/u'/u2 moves.

STEP 3:

Solve the top corners intuitively this shoudl be rly easy. If you use COLL then you can do it in 1 algorithem.

a helpful alg is the j perm: R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' L

This is really really really intuitive even zb ftw could do it, well maybe not but yeha

STEP 4:

Solve the rest of the edges using the T permutation with setup moves. the buffer piece should be UR. I think this is a really easy step cos all you need is t perms and it should be really fast. i dont know if anyone has thought of this before but it could be nice for bld :confused:

STEP 5:

PARITY AND OTHER PROBLEMS MISCELLANEI

WARNING!!! IF YOU GET ANY PROBELMS I WILL OUTLINE THEM HERE

If you get the buffer solved when you are t perming. (my super amazing last step :D) DO NOT GIVE UP. I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE UP.

Just switch it out with an unsolved edge.

If you get flipped edges just turn M U M U M U2 M' U M' U M' U2 to frip dem

Also if you can't solve it, be more intuitive and if you practice hard you will get it

THIS METHOD HAS AMAZING POTENTIAL. The t perms are very fast and yeah its just a really fast method. Cos rowe can do them in like 70 millisecnonds which is awesome.

my time on it was 1:02.44 but i got a corners of last layer skip which was pretty lucky

This compares with my 10.5 second average on 3x3 which shows that it is only about 6 times slower. i think i can do faster on it and i hope that this will be the fridrich method of the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAAAAAAAAYYYYY

OMGOMGOMG just got 1:00.53 ALMOST SUB 1!!!!!!!!

This will be amazing.........

this method is faster than my pll time attack -blah

David Woner: "TICT RAPED MY BRAIN SO HARD I FORGOT HOW TO BREATHE AND THEN DIED!! 10/10!!!!"

Forte Shinko: "TICT MADE EDWARD'S METHOD LOOK GOOD"

Last edited:

pappas

Premium Member
WCA
2010PAPP01
Actually, I would have called it something better, like Jessica Fridrich's method=Fridrich. (dont want to start a debate about if it's her method. Just an example). What I'm trying to say is something that sorta represents you.

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Loftycuber
Haha, I was just about to make a random method but now I think its like Salvia.
FeCEs- F2L, Corners, Cross, Edges.
Most of the world spells it as "faeces" ;)
Yea, but this was the closest I could get to feces/faeces without thinking too hard/This is just what popped up when I put random steps together.
Oh I will just change cross to cross Edges and switch the order.

Last edited: