• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The $1000 Speedcube Tierlist

Have You Subscribed to The Cubing Critics

• Total voters

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel

Hello Everyone,

@Mo_A2244 and I would like to announce our new YouTube Channel - The CubeCritics.

Many of you may know us for our written reviews on the speedsolving.com platform. We have now decided to produce reviews on YouTube.
If you like this video, and would like to see more weekly content, consisting of unboxing and reviews of new and emerging speedcubes, feel free to drop a like and consider subscribing.

Also, we are always open to feedback. If there are things you particularly like about our videos, feel free to let us know, and if there is something we can do better, feel free to drop a comment on the video or comment in this thread.

The channel will feature mainly unboxings and reviews, although we will be working to expand that to community events. We will be constantly be looking for ways to engage with this community in unique ways, and we would very much appreciate your support on the channel to allow us to do that.

Currently, the channel only has one video, but we are currently working on uploading videos at a minimum of once a week, although when there are a lot of cubes out, we will likely upload more frequently than that.

We will be planning to do monthly giveaways on the channel, as well as when we hit major milestones, the first of which will be at 100 subscribers.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the video.
A couple questions
What video editor do you use?
What thumbnail maker do you use?
Do you use a phone or something else?
How do you do the birds eye poi t of view?
Do you use lighting or not?

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
A couple questions
What video editor do you use?
What thumbnail maker do you use?
Do you use a phone or something else?
How do you do the birds eye poi t of view?
Do you use lighting or not?
Video Editor - Videopad. It is capable of exporting 4k videos, has a wide range of effects (although we only used the basics)

Thumbnail maker - This may surprise you, but I just used PowerPoint and pasted the image in and added text.

Camera - Phone although we used a microphone (Blue snowball - great budget mic) and edited the sound in audacity (enhancements, noise reduction etc.)

Birds eye - we made a makeshift boom arm and placed the camera on top.

Lighting - Lamps. We used lamps but didnt point them directly at the object to avoid it being too intense and creating shadows, just a couple of desk lamps and a window.

Overall, a budget setup, but you don't need expensive equipment to shoot great videos. Even clips such as the subscribe animation and end screen were made in PowerPoint and exported. If you have any further questions, feel free to let us know.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Video Editor - Videopad. It is capable of exporting 4k videos, has a wide range of effects (although we only used the basics)

Thumbnail maker - This may surprise you, but I just used PowerPoint and pasted the image in and added text.

Camera - Phone although we used a microphone (Blue snowball - great budget mic) and edited the sound in audacity (enhancements, noise reduction etc.)

Birds eye - we made a makeshift boom arm and placed the camera on top.

Lighting - Lamps. We used lamps but didnt point them directly at the object to avoid it being too intense and creating shadows, just a couple of desk lamps and a window.

Overall, a budget setup, but you don't need expensive equipment to shoot great videos. Even clips such as the subscribe animation and end screen were made in PowerPoint and exported. If you have any further questions, feel free to let us know.
How were you able to put the text and have those lines and circles when you were showing the contents in the box? I use videopad as well but I was not able to edit in stuff like that.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
How were you able to put the text and have those lines and circles when you were showing the contents in the box? I use videopad as well but I was not able to edit in stuff like that.
Where you can import videos and audio, you can also import image files. These can be then dragged into the timeline on top of the video as an overlay, then positioned and timed to appear when you like. The text and arrow was simply an image which was put over the top

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
do you do it together with Mo?
The written reviews he does independently, but the YouTube channel is a collaboration.

As you would understand, a lot of work and time goes into making content of sufficient quality, and for people like ourselves, who are also working on a lot of projects outside of cubing (I.e. game development), having an extra person to help out certainly helps, especially since neither of us had any video editing experience a couple of days before posting the video.

All the thoughts and opinions of the cube are his, I just assisted in the backend tasks.

Moyustore

YouTube
Visit Channel
The written reviews he does independently, but the YouTube channel is a collaboration.

As you would understand, a lot of work and time goes into making content of sufficient quality, and for people like ourselves, who are also working on a lot of projects outside of cubing (I.e. game development), having an extra person to help out certainly helps, especially since neither of us had any video editing experience a couple of days before posting the video.

All the thoughts and opinions of the cube are his, I just assisted in the backend tasks.
ok. got it.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel

Hello Everyone

We've recently published a new video on the channel. Feel free to have a look. Be sure to watch to the end as we've left in some funny bloopers.

The cubes can be found on GAN's official Amazon store, as well as the GAN Shop.
GAN Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/A2BC5593-53F9-4015-ACE4-8A676E545007
GAN Shop - https://shop.gancube.com/

Huge thanks for the support thus far. To celebrate the launch of our YouTube channel, we will be doing a series of international giveaways on the channel, so be sure to subscribe to not miss out on any of those.

We also hit 100 followers on Instagram, which might not seem like a lot to many, but is a great milestone to hit, so huge thanks for that. We are constantly posting on Instagram and Facebook and they will be the places to look to get exclusive content, as well as details on future giveaways. Links are in the signature

Links
Facebook
- https://www.facebook.com/CriticSpeed
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thecubecritics/?hl=en
YouTube - www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFjl3KuwFCRmfsr-cExhzw

Also be sure to drop your YouTube channel below and we'll leave you a sub. If you ever have any questions, feel free to leave a comment on one of our videos or respond below and we'll get back to you.

The CubeCritics

D

Deleted member 54663

My Channel
Please critique videos
Thanks!