• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

new Rubik's smart cube

SolidJoltBlue

I will be honest here. I have a GAN 356i and my main issue is the Chinese software. Rubik's release may actually be a great decision by them if people decide to buy a cube from a Western company rather than a Chinese one.

I love GAN's cube but the software is almost a deal breaker.

SnowyDay

That new Rubiks Smart Cube and app look fantastic. Very compelling video by The Cubicle. Let's see how well the local firmware and cloud app work.

As everyone knows, Gan released 2 cube and 2 robot revisions over the past year, but the firmware and cloud apps still seems to be in beta. Gan is publicly testing a major update now which is scheduled to be released in a few weeks. I'm rooting for a successful launch but a complex ecosystem (smartcube, robot, and cloud app) may have been a bridge too far. Gan's window of opportunity is closing fast . . .

I have been pining for a smart cube for some time. Frankly the probability of that being a Gan is diminishing.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
TBH, this is probably gonna be better than Gans I and I play. Although Gans cube may be faster, Rubik's is probably better because of the hardware. Like, have you seen the problems in Gans cube!!! It's almost impossible to do anything!
Now, comes the price, I think the price will be 50 dollars, maybe even 40 is it gets really good.

SnowyDay

After waiting for a year for GAN to sort out the robot-based custom alg training & competition app, we ordered some Rubik's Connected cubes. Decision based on:

- The GoCube app has a pretty good track record to build on
- Preliminary "sponsored" reviews indicated app is reliable, competition mode is robust, and cube solves well

GAN's 356i and robot have the potential to offer so many features, so we certainly would consider that in the future. Just not buying that in current state of development.