• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rik Hofland

Hello everybody,

I am a 17 year old secundaryschool student from the Netherlands.
For a schoolproject for my research- and designclasses my group and I have Oskar van Deventer as our client.
He gave us the objection to do something new with a cube (this is anything we want for instance a new shapemod).
We choose to make a completely new puzzle and try to print it out with the 3D printer of our school.
We would like to know what the properties are that you look for in a twistypuzzle sothat we can make a as good as possible design

Ithank you in advance for your answer,

Rik Hofland

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it would be easiest to start with a design that is already somewhat original and modify from that point. Like a shapemod of the 2x4x6 or something like that seems cool to me.

gj matt

WCA
2015HARN01
The netherlands? Is that in like britain or something?

Just kidding, im culturally aware. I would agree with cubeologist, you shouldn't really try to create anything new, just take something that seems cool and deviate from it a bit.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Hi, I've actually designed and 3d printed several puzzles from shapeways before. As Maccoboy has said, the Twisty Puzzles forum is the best place to go for information regarding puzzle design!