• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New old guy

kroko

Hi,

I have a son who can solve a couple of Rubik's cube (3x3, 2x2, pyra) so that tells a lot about my youngest years : they're gone. :)
I'm in my late thirties and discovered the Cube one year ago from a family friend who showed me the beginner method.
I was hooked super fast and my oldest son got faster than me real quick.

I am much of a thinker and I spent hundred of hours searching for info (internet browser, comparing alg sheets, YouTube) and making (for myself and my son) nice sheets on how to solve the cubes I bought.
Much more than the time I practiced.

I solve faster than him now but only because I spent ten times more than him on this subject.

... To be continued on next reply because my keyboard keeps blocking the text on this long page for my phone

Last edited:

kroko

So far I have several 3x3 of course, a smart cube, a couple 2x2, a pyraminx, a kilominx, a megaminx, a 4x4, a 5x5.
I will buy (and solve) some more but I don't want to collect just to have them, I want to understand each of them enough to be able to make a nice solving sheet(s) for each.

On 3x3 my PB is 26s and I average roughly under 40s (but not always since I make week-long pauses).
On the other cubes I am even slower but I didn't time recently so I can't tell.

I found very interesting material already in my quest (sheets, apps, videos, simulators) and I thank the cubing community for that. So many people volunteer and make these available for free.
That's awesome 😎

Welcome! I can say for sure that you will find some useful information on here, as I've only been on here a couple weeks and I'm already improving@