• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Method for BigBLD: BLDRedux

CurlyFries

WCA
2015BURE01
By the title, you can probably guess what I’m proposing, but alas. In this method you swap pieces into locations next to pieces with the same color. For example on 5BLD, you would put the wings next to the midges, and then solve like a 3x3. Similarly, on 4BLD you could just swap to the piece most clockwise or something of the like. Center memo and exec would be the same.

Thom S.

Two problems (I worded myself a bit short, it does the trick, but more could be elaborated on it)
1. You have to think way more and you can't rely on where your edges are by your orientation
2. Optimal or good Edge/Tredge comms just will use Slices and while I'm comfortable doing up to 3M moves as a slice, you won't find anyone doing 3E or 3S Moves

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
By the title, you can probably guess what I’m proposing, but alas. In this method you swap pieces into locations next to pieces with the same color. For example on 5BLD, you would put the wings next to the midges, and then solve like a 3x3. Similarly, on 4BLD you could just swap to the piece most clockwise or something of the like. Center memo and exec would be the same.
This sort of wing optimization is good, but requires more brainpower during tracing in bigBLD. I think it is not worth the effort and does not save algs.

If you still feel this is better, prove it!

leeo

WCA
2016ODEG01
I'm always open to new ideas. How about a demonstration with an example scramble, memorization, and step-by-step solution.