• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New Member

YouTube
Greetron Cubes
Thread starter #1
My name is Noah. I've been a Cuber since August of 2017, and my interest first peaked when I seen a review of the YJ YuLong 3x3. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and being the newbie I was, I wanted one, thinking it would instantly make me fast.
But I soon realized that I wanted to start small. So I went to Walmart (Yes I know, Walmart.) and I bought a Rubik's 2x2.
I solved it an hour after I got it, off of a YouTube tutorial. I was really excited, and thought I could solve it no problem while being timed. So I got the algorithms I learned, and out them in the URL code thingy on the tab I was on, and followed it while being timed. My time was about 1:30.
Jumping to learning the 3x3. I managed to order the YJ YuLong I always wanted, and learned a tutorial by someone on YT named "TheSergsB".
It took a while, but I eventually memorized all of the Beginners Method Algs, and was averaging about 1 Minute or so.
Skipping to Now, where I average 25 Seconds on 3x3, 4 seconds on 2x2, and 2 Minutes on 4x4.
My journey with cubing is going very smoothly, and I have no intentions on quitting any time soon.
If you've read 'till the end, thank you for listening.

Last edited:
YouTube
Greetron Cubes
Thread starter #2
Also, my favorite Lube to use in puzzles is DNM-37, my favourite style of cubes is stickerless, & my favourite type of stickers are Full Bright sticker shades.

Last edited: