• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Gen 4 display and timer issues.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So after having a ridiculous and annoying time this past weekend with SpeedStack displays, and some timers, I wanted to see if any one else has been having issues with New Gen 4 displays and timers malfunctioning and causing things such as frying timers, displays lagging behind on time, or the front display lights (that the audience sees) is not working correctly, if at all.

I have heard from several people (and even the delegate this past weekend) that the first batch Gen 4's work fine, as well as the Gen 3's (which I know work), but since we just spend several hundred dollars for new Gen 4 timers/displays to only have them not work correctly, I am curious if other people are having the same issue, and what you are doing to fix it. Thanks

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I don't have a display, but my gen 4 timer is working fine. I just got it at Christmas, so it's not a first batch.
That's the other thing I mean to mention. If everyone's timers are working just fine then it must be display related issues, and if that is the case ho to fix the displays.

PetrusQuber

WCA
2020XIEC01
Yeah, I don’t have the display, but the timer is all good. Which leads me to a question, my timer doesn’t show a zero for times within a minute and a ten seconds after that. e.g.
1:07.36 is shown as 1: 7.36. Not a big issue, since I don’t go above a minute except for 4x4, and it just looks a bit weird.

ProStar

Yeah, I don’t have the display, but the timer is all good. Which leads me to a question, my timer doesn’t show a zero for times within a minute and a ten seconds after that. e.g.
1:07.36 is shown as 1: 7.36. Not a big issue, since I don’t go above a minute except for 4x4, and it just looks a bit weird.
Yeah the timer was built that way.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I don't have a display, but my gen 4 timer is working fine. I just got it at Christmas, so it's not a first batch.
Did either of you replace the factory batteries that came with the timers? I am not completely certain, but I think some of the timer issues we were/are having have to do with the cheap batteries, but again not positive that is a issues at all.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So far it seems like the timers are working according to everyone, which I know for me have been working well, but anyone (especially organizers and delegate) is anyone having trouble with displays?