• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

new event - speed-chess-cubing

CubeRoots

WCA
2012LIVS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it would be an awesome idea to play a game of chess, where you get as long as it takes your opponent to solve a 3x3 to make your move. obviously a scrambler would be needed.

Has anyone tried this before?

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anyone tried this before?

I haven't tried that, but my friend Tyler (Monkeytherat) and I have tried several cube-blitz variants.

- each player gets 5 minutes. You must make a move before you hit the clock. Win with checkmate or by solving the cube.

- Each player gets 2 minutes. Solve the cube whenever you want to, but you lose if you make checkmate before you solve it.

We had a lot of fun with both of these. I usually won since I'm a little faster and a 1700 while he's a 1300 =P

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would suck for a non cuber to play against a cuber but it looks interesting. I might actually try that at the next rubik's cube club meeting. I'll post the results if we do it and if I remember to check back to this thread.