• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Update] New Cubing Timer Website - SpeedTimer!

CoderGuru

Hey All! The new update is out!

Here's the Updates :O
  • Added Games Feature
  • Added PLL Recognition Game
  • Added WCA Scrambles Powered By cubing.js
  • Added 3D Visualizer Powered By cubing.js
  • Fixed Timer Bug
  • Fixed Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Updated Info Page
  • Minor Bug Fixes
  • Small UI Fixes
(Copied from update log)

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey All! The new update is out!

Here's the Updates :O
  • Added Games Feature
  • Added PLL Recognition Game
  • Added WCA Scrambles Powered By cubing.js
  • Added 3D Visualizer Powered By cubing.js
  • Fixed Timer Bug
  • Fixed Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Updated Info Page
  • Minor Bug Fixes
  • Small UI Fixes
(Copied from update log)
The website is really progressing!! Great job!

CoderGuru

very great project, I just broke my 3x3x3 AO50 PB with your timer, hopefully that is not to do with the scrambles.

I have noticed a few issues:

Sometimes if you press the space bar too hard to stop it both stops and restarts the timer

I got this scramble which I probably should not be getting:
00:09.64
B2 L U' R B2 R2 U2 F2 D U' D U F' B2 R2 L' B'
3x3

I would also prefer it if the average times bar remained at the top, if you do lots of solves then it moves down off screen

Also Square-1 scrambler + hopefully blind and Non-WCA in the future?

Otherwise very nice timer, simple and easy to use and quick to load.

Btw are the scrambles for 3x3 random state? They probably should be these days, I have noticed things like D U D' U in the scrambles which shouldn't happen as it can obviously be reduced to U2 and if the scrambler just generates 20 random moves and you get something like that then you are really only doing 17 moves which probably does worsen scramble quality.

View attachment 16048
that's bad.
@CoderGuru you should be using random state

I have finally had the chance to check out the new update, time is fixed now but the scrambles are still not random state for 3x3x3 and contain moves like U D U2... which is pointless and leads to lower scramble quality due to less actual moves being done.

He said that he is still working on the scrambles.

This should all be fixed in the new update :)

CoderGuru

I opened speedtimer with google chrome and it seems to be reloading endlessly multiple times a second to the point I can't click anything because it just reloads. The whole page is just glitching out.

Hmm, I don’t get why. It works in all other browsers. I know why it’s happening and may know how to fix it, so Ill try doing that today

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The PLL recognition "game" is a good idea, but I don't think it was implemented well. It would be far better to have the images be colored like an actual cube rather than having the arrows. No one actually recognizes PLL by looking at which pieces swap to where, and beginners should not be misled into thinking that they should. Particularly for G perms, it's in my opinion ridiculous to try to recognize based on the swap arrows and not patterns like bars, headlights, opposites, etc.

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
The PLL recognition "game" is a good idea, but I don't think it was implemented well. It would be far better to have the images be colored like an actual cube rather than having the arrows. No one actually recognizes PLL by looking at which pieces swap to where, and beginners should not be misled into thinking that they should. Particularly for G perms, it's in my opinion ridiculous to try to recognize based on the swap arrows and not patterns like bars, headlights, opposites, etc.
Laughs in cuberswoop.

CoderGuru

@CoderGuru I know that @Flowkap already asked, but do you have a public GitHub repository for this project? Allowing the community to contribute could speed up the tome it takes for bugs to be fixed and new features to be added.
I normally would but my parents aren’t on board with that as they want it to be a solo project. Sorry :(