• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Update] New Cubing Timer Website - SpeedTimer!

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
You need a MASSIVE update. Do not trust this timer at all. If you got a PB just scratch that.

I started using this timer and got a 13.65, I average 18-20 seconds. This scramble wasn't anything special, it had an okay cross that I turned into an x-cross F2L wasn't the greatest I had 2-look OLL and an Ab perm which I messed up and did two Aa perms, this solve should have been a 20 and I thought well maybe it's because I had higher TPS than usual. The next solve I got a 12.28, almost a PB. The next solve I got a 12.90, that's a sub-13 Mo3. I suspected something wasn't right so I switched back to Cubedesk.io and got slightly below average solve due mostly to my unusually higher than normal TPS. I knew now something was up. So I took my stackmat and raced it with the "SpeedTimer" the timer is WAY and I mean WAY to slow. This is completely unreliable.

edit: I also did some 2x2 on it even though I knew it was slow and I got a series of 3.5's which is below my usual average of just under 5 seconds. I t just goes to show how slow the timer is because 5-6 seconds (what the solves probably were) compared to 3.5 is a huge difference in such a short amount of time.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Btw are the scrambles for 3x3 random state? They probably should be these days, I have noticed things like D U D' U in the scrambles which shouldn't happen as it can obviously be reduced to U2 and if the scrambler just generates 20 random moves and you get something like that then you are really only doing 17 moves which probably does worsen scramble quality.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Btw are the scrambles for 3x3 random state? They probably should be these days, I have noticed things like D U D' U in the scrambles which shouldn't happen as it can obviously be reduced to U2 and if the scrambler just generates 20 random moves and you get something like that then you are really only doing 17 moves which probably does worsen scramble quality.
1623364632141.png
that's bad.
@CoderGuru you should be using random state

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
@cuber314159 When you got your ao50 on this timer, how fast was it compared to your previous ao50 pb
I got a 9.49 AO50 when my previous best was about 9.9 but I felt that I was solving well so wasn't too concerned, this was on a different device though and I'm sure the timer was at least close to accurate, when I tried comparing it on my laptop against cstimer I was very surprised because that would be the equivalent of me averaging high 7 if I actually did solves then.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
@cuber314159 @Filipe Teixeira @Thecubingcuber347

Has the update gone into effect yet because I still have a problem with the speed of the timer