• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Update] New Cubing Timer Website - SpeedTimer!

CoderGuru

Hello Cubers,

Having a strong passion for cubing, I was searching for a good portal that would help me to track & challenge my cubing skills, but couldn’t find the best fit, thus I finally decided to create a Cubing Timer with my coding skills.

I am feeling very glad to share that a beta version of my timer has finally been launched at speedtimer.xyz and am very optimistic that it would stand useful and handy for you as well. For more details please visit speedtimer.xyz/info.html.

I am also looking for constructive feedback, and would appreciate your opinion at [email protected]

Thanks,

CoderGuru

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
I think that your colour coded scrambles are very good. For a harsh judgement, I would like the website to be brighter and the PLL algorithms and the site in general to be more bold, as it looks to me like a prototype. It would also be good to add more algs, such as OLL and maybe moving on to COLL. With some brushing up and added customisability, this website has a lot of potential

CoderGuru

I think that your colour coded scrambles are very good. For a harsh judgement, I would like the website to be brighter and the PLL algorithms and the site in general to be more bold, as it looks to me like a prototype. It would also be good to add more algs, such as OLL and maybe moving on to COLL. With some brushing up and added customisability, this website has a lot of potential
Thank You! This may be a spoiler, it after getting the other parts of the site working, I have a spreadsheet with full COLL, WV, OLL, PLLOH, and ful ZBLL which will make their way onto the site :)

Last edited:

povlhp

Like color coded scrambles. Do not understand the purpose of algorithms ?
We need as a minimum the ability to save/export data.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
very great project, I just broke my 3x3x3 AO50 PB with your timer, hopefully that is not to do with the scrambles.

I have noticed a few issues:

Sometimes if you press the space bar too hard to stop it both stops and restarts the timer

I got this scramble which I probably should not be getting:
00:09.64
B2 L U' R B2 R2 U2 F2 D U' D U F' B2 R2 L' B'
3x3

I would also prefer it if the average times bar remained at the top, if you do lots of solves then it moves down off screen

Also Square-1 scrambler + hopefully blind and Non-WCA in the future?

Otherwise very nice timer, simple and easy to use and quick to load.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank You! This may be a spoiler, it after getting the other parts of the site working, I have a spreadsheet with full COLL, WV, OLL, PLLOH, and ful ZBLL which will make their way onto the site :)

The Colour is personal Choice and i *hate* light theme to a degree that I will probably never implement it
maybe you can add a dark mode feature or something like that, so the user can choose the background.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
hi. dev here 2
nice website, I liked the code although there is some unnecessary repetition in the js code I've seen
html+css+js can make a lot for you
but have you considered learning react? after you learn react I bet you'll always want to use it... even though it is not a silver bullet

keep on the excellent work!

EDIT: could you better stylize the times? it's kinda unpleasent right now

1623084018231.png

Last edited: