• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Cubing Timer Website - SpeedTimer!

xyzzy

This hasn't been fully fixed yet, btw:
I didn't even see this post until after I tried out the timer and hit the exact same issue, lol.

The problematic piece of code:
JavaScript:
function increment(start) {
	advance = setInterval(function () {
		timer.style.color = "white";
		if (running == 1) {
			time = Date.now() - start;
			var mins = Math.floor(time / 1000 / 60);
			if (mins <= 9) {
				mins = "0" + mins;
			}
			var secs = Math.floor(time / 1000 % 60);
			if (secs <= 9) {
				secs = "0" + secs;
			}

var hundredths = Math.round(time % 1000 / 10);
			if (hundredths <= 9) {
				hundredths = "0" + hundredths;
			}

timer.innerHTML = mins + ":" + secs + "." + hundredths;
		} else clearInterval(advance);
	});
}

You cannot safely do round-to-nearest (Math.round) on individual components of the time; you have to round the time to centiseconds first, then compute the minutes/seconds/hundredths components from there. (It actually also "works" to replace the Math.round with Math.floor (round to minus infinity), but this causes a −0.005 bias. Then again, flooring also matches WCA regs on how to handle rounding, so pick your poison.)

Also also, use performance.now() instead of Date.now() when measuring elapsed time. Guaranteed monotonic clock (it doesn't care about system clock adjustments) and doesn't (shouldn't) break in the presence of leap seconds.

(Although I do see that you're using performance.now instead of Date.now now.)

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh. Sorry about that. I hope you can find an alternative way to use it :)
Just to let you know that I tried to using speedtimer in the 10 unboxing videos I filmed on Thursday that I will upload over the next week or so, unfortunately for most of them there were still issues, I apologize if I put a bad light on it in the QiYi MP 2x2 and 3x3 reviews where it doesn't stop properly and sometimes the scramble doesnt come up. It seems that on my tablet it requires a hard tap to stop whereas other timers can stop with a light tap.

Ninjascoccer

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a suggestion,
In my iPad when I time myself, I like to hold down the time button and release when I’m ready. But, inside speedtime, I can’t do that, I just highlight the text. But in cstimer, it works just fine. Can you fix this?

CoderGuru

I have a suggestion,
In my iPad when I time myself, I like to hold down the time button and release when I’m ready. But, inside speedtime, I can’t do that, I just highlight the text. But in cstimer, it works just fine. Can you fix this?
Ill try - thanks for the suggestion

CoderGuru

The PLL recognition "game" is a good idea, but I don't think it was implemented well. It would be far better to have the images be colored like an actual cube rather than having the arrows. No one actually recognizes PLL by looking at which pieces swap to where, and beginners should not be misled into thinking that they should. Particularly for G perms, it's in my opinion ridiculous to try to recognize based on the swap arrows and not patterns like bars, headlights, opposites, etc.
Would something like this be ok?

1636484296577.png