• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The $1000 Speedcube Tierlist

Have You Subscribed to The Cubing Critics

• Total voters

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks for sticking with us. You may be wondering where we've been and when we'll be uploading again, and so this post will be a tonne of updates, as well as a plan for the channel moving forward, as well as ways you guys could help us out on our journey.

DISCLAIMER: This is a long read. Feel free to grab a cup of tea, sit back and relax whilst I tell you everything that's happened (there's some EPIC news to share).

Okay, first thing "Where have you been".
We had ambitious plans on uploading regularly, and a few videos failed on us. They just didn't work out. By that point exam season was creeping up so Mo and I focused primarily on creating a "YouTube Battle Plan" for after the exam season (i.e now).

Between now and the end of the year, we will be uploading twice a week. Twice a week? That's a lot! Correct. We've been brainstorming and have come up with a long list of ideas that no-one on YouTube have done before (trust me there's a lot). Before I share a few of the stuff that we've come up with, let's talk about the updates behind the scenes.

Sponsorships
I've been contacting companies and we also got our fair share of surprises.

GAN:
As always, super grateful for the support GAN have given us over the last year (a whole year already?). Trying new GAN products every few weeks has been super fun and we genuinely really like their products so our partnership with GAN is perfect (we used GAN products before our sponsorship).

Right now, we have content planned for the GAN 356i Carry which we got a few months ago, the GAN 11M Duo, as well as all 3 of the GAN 251M's which are all very nice products (full thoughts on the way). Thanks again GAN! More great GAN content on the way, as well as all the juicy leaks and news about products like the GAN 11M Air and maybe the GAN 12 news coming before it's release in October time (can't say much yet but it looks exciting).

YuXin:
We got reached out to by YuXin and agreed on sharing nice early news about their upcoming products. Came as a surprise to us because we didn't even consider reaching out to them because we thought they were so inactive. Some YuXin-related content coming soon.

MoYu:
We will be getting every new MoYu product to hit the market. We currently have the brand new MoYu Weilong WRM 2021 coming in the post as I write this (should arrive in a couple of days). Super excited for this one. All I can say is that it has an extra layer of customisation compared to the 2020. Looks like an exciting product. Video coming soon.

MSCUBE
We still need to make our content on the MS3V1's and from then on, we'll be working regularly with MSCUBE to share news, leaks and product reviews to our audience. Very excited to see what they come up with.

New Companies
A few new manufacturers will enter the market before the end of the year, some bringing some exciting innovations. We're in the process of reaching out to these companies to see what we can find out for you guys, maybe get a hold of some samples as well as some leaks and news about these upcoming products. From what we've seen so far, these products will blow your mind. Super excited. Lots of content on the way from these new mystery companies.

TheCubicle
As always our partnership with TheCubicle is going well. We have plans on doing our MOST EXPENSIVE unboxing at around $300 of all the great stuff we've missed out on over the last couple of months, as well as a few stuff to help us out for future videos (I'll talk more about upcoming videos in a bit). Products include the Zhanchi Pro M, Tornado V2, "The Thing" and a lot more. Feel free to subscribe to not miss out (links at the bottom of the thread)

KewbzUK
I haven't spoken to Luke much recently, but I'm aware a lot of people are still using our code "CRITIC5" which we are incredibly grateful for. We'll have to have a chat and see what we can do for each other and we'll get back to you guys with more updates soon. We can definitely back the great service that KewbzUK provide, and their 5 star reviews speak for themselves.

We'll be making an in-depth video on sponsorships and what you can do to level up your chances. Will be a lengthy video and will contain some unique advice compared to the "make videos and get subs" kinds of videos that are out there. More on content coming up.

Content:
Okay enough sponsorship stuff, what are we actually going to post over the next few months?

Podcast:
We're in the process of branding a podcast. This podcast will focus on all the news and leaks, as well as product releases and some unique insightful interviews with some lesser known members of the community that are making some unique contributions. Full details on the way. These podcasts will be weekly, and will include some "never-heard-before" pieces of news about upcoming products. When we record our "Talking Critical" videos, we often find ourselves cutting things out to shorten the videos, but the podcast will be a great way to share full details about any new product to hit the market in past, present or future.
Name reveal coming soon. Will consist of myself, Mo and some guests.

Videos:
Lots of videos planned. We have several hundreds of videos that have never been seen on YouTube before so we'll be working through those. We'll be doing more than just news, unboxings and reviews.

We have plans on some "pretty expensive" videos which will be possible thanks to our sponsors. By expensive these videos could have an equivalent cost of several hundred dollars each (I say equivalent because fortunately sponsorships would help out). It will hopefully be both very entertaining and very informative. Once again, feel free to hit the sub to find out what this series is in a bit.

We plan on venturing in the growing market of TikToks and YouTube Shorts. We've come up with some unique ideas that will be super entertaining for both the platforms, and will still be very high effort and great for the casual viewer.

There's a few cubing "niches" that have never been explored before. We've managed to pinpoint a few and will be working on those.

Message to YouCubers
So, if you're a YouCuber, then I have some interesting plans involving you guys. You may remember a while back I made a thread collecting YouTube channels. I'll be coming back to that as well as one that another cuber made (I can't remember who it was off the top of my head).

If you think you have some unique perspectives into cubing, feel free to reach out to us and we'll bring you onto our upcoming podcast.

If you want us to react/critique some of your content, be sure to let us know. We have a lot of reaction based content coming up, not your generic reaction videos you've seen on YouTube a million times before (not hating on anyone that makes these reaction videos, they're just not the type of content we'd watch and thus not make).

If you guys have any collaboration ideas of your own and want us to get involved, be sure to reach out to us with your idea and we can see if we can fit them in. Collabs are something we're lacking on the channel and is a great way to connect with other audiences and help each other grow.

Ways to support the channel
Our plans would never be possible if it wasn't for the support you guys provide. We have some super unique content lined up and a sub/follow to our platforms would be great.

Using our code "CRITICS" at TheCubicle, or "CRITIC5" at KewbzUK goes a long way in supporting the channel, and helps us level up our content dramatically. However, there's some great creators that also go unheard sometimes and you're more than welcome to use a code to TheCubicle from the ones below:

- "JFCUBING" for JFCUBING
- "CARTER" for Carter Cubes
- "NATHAN5" for Nathan Miles
- "HUMBLE" for Humble Cuber
- "TRCUBING" for TR Cubing

and loads more. Whatever code you use will help that person out a tonne, here were just a few.

Be sure to follow/Sub to us on:
YouTube
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFjl3KuwFCRmfsr-cExhzw
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thecubingcritics/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheCubingCritics
Discord - https://discord.com/invite/Y5y5DbewfF
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Cubing_Critics

We'll be doing milestone giveaways for the platforms just as a bonus.

Thanks for reading to the end. Really means a lot to us.
Have a great day. If you have any questions for us, feel free to leave them below.

EDIT: Also, for those people that have answered "No" to the poll above, you're more than welcome to leave some comments and feedback below. Would help us out a tonne.

Last edited:
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
...More great GAN content on the way, as well as all the juicy leaks and news about products like the GAN 11M Air and maybe the GAN 12 news coming before it's release in October time (can't say much yet but it looks exciting)....
I made a joke about their new cube being called the Gan 12 Pro Max on Gan's Twitter account. I might actually be right, there is no way you can deny their Apple naming scheme.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I made a joke about their new cube being called the Gan 12 Pro Max on Gan's Twitter account. I might actually be right, there is no way you can deny their Apple naming scheme.
"GAN 12" is purely theoretical but highly likely to occur. The suffix "Max" would make no sense in this case so I doubt that's what itll be called.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks for sticking with us. You may be wondering where we've been and when we'll be uploading again, and so this post will be a tonne of updates, as well as a plan for the channel moving forward, as well as ways you guys could help us out on our journey.

DISCLAIMER: This is a long read. Feel free to grab a cup of tea, sit back and relax whilst I tell you everything that's happened (there's some EPIC news to share).

We had ambitious plans on uploading regularly, and a few videos failed on us. They just didn't work out. By that point exam season was creeping up so Mo and I focused primarily on creating a "YouTube Battle Plan" for after the exam season (i.e now).

Between now and the end of the year, we will be uploading twice a week. Twice a week? That's a lot! Correct. We've been brainstorming and have come up with a long list of ideas that no-one on YouTube have done before (trust me there's a lot). Before I share a few of the stuff that we've come up with, let's talk about the updates behind the scenes.

Sponsorships

GAN:
As always, super grateful for the support GAN have given us over the last year (a whole year already?). Trying new GAN products every few weeks has been super fun and we genuinely really like their products so our partnership with GAN is perfect (we used GAN products before our sponsorship).

Right now, we have content planned for the GAN 356i Carry which we got a few months ago, the GAN 11M Duo, as well as all 3 of the GAN 251M's which are all very nice products (full thoughts on the way). Thanks again GAN! More great GAN content on the way, as well as all the juicy leaks and news about products like the GAN 11M Air and maybe the GAN 12 news coming before it's release in October time (can't say much yet but it looks exciting).

YuXin:
We got reached out to by YuXin and agreed on sharing nice early news about their upcoming products. Came as a surprise to us because we didn't even consider reaching out to them because we thought they were so inactive. Some YuXin-related content coming soon.

MoYu:
We will be getting every new MoYu product to hit the market. We currently have the brand new MoYu Weilong WRM 2021 coming in the post as I write this (should arrive in a couple of days). Super excited for this one. All I can say is that it has an extra layer of customisation compared to the 2020. Looks like an exciting product. Video coming soon.

MSCUBE
We still need to make our content on the MS3V1's and from then on, we'll be working regularly with MSCUBE to share news, leaks and product reviews to our audience. Very excited to see what they come up with.

New Companies
A few new manufacturers will enter the market before the end of the year, some bringing some exciting innovations. We're in the process of reaching out to these companies to see what we can find out for you guys, maybe get a hold of some samples as well as some leaks and news about these upcoming products. From what we've seen so far, these products will blow your mind. Super excited. Lots of content on the way from these new mystery companies.

TheCubicle
As always our partnership with TheCubicle is going well. We have plans on doing our MOST EXPENSIVE unboxing at around $300 of all the great stuff we've missed out on over the last couple of months, as well as a few stuff to help us out for future videos (I'll talk more about upcoming videos in a bit). Products include the Zhanchi Pro M, Tornado V2, "The Thing" and a lot more. Feel free to subscribe to not miss out (links at the bottom of the thread)

KewbzUK
I haven't spoken to Luke much recently, but I'm aware a lot of people are still using our code "CRITIC5" which we are incredibly grateful for. We'll have to have a chat and see what we can do for each other and we'll get back to you guys with more updates soon. We can definitely back the great service that KewbzUK provide, and their 5 star reviews speak for themselves.

We'll be making an in-depth video on sponsorships and what you can do to level up your chances. Will be a lengthy video and will contain some unique advice compared to the "make videos and get subs" kinds of videos that are out there. More on content coming up.

Content:
Okay enough sponsorship stuff, what are we actually going to post over the next few months?

Podcast:
We're in the process of branding a podcast. This podcast will focus on all the news and leaks, as well as product releases and some unique insightful interviews with some lesser known members of the community that are making some unique contributions. Full details on the way. These podcasts will be weekly, and will include some "never-heard-before" pieces of news about upcoming products. When we record our "Talking Critical" videos, we often find ourselves cutting things out to shorten the videos, but the podcast will be a great way to share full details about any new product to hit the market in past, present or future.

Videos:
Lots of videos planned. We have several hundreds of videos that have never been seen on YouTube before so we'll be working through those. We'll be doing more than just news, unboxings and reviews.

We have plans on some "pretty expensive" videos which will be possible thanks to our sponsors. By expensive these videos could have an equivalent cost of several hundred dollars each (I say equivalent because fortunately sponsorships would help out). It will hopefully be both very entertaining and very informative. Once again, feel free to hit the sub to find out what this series is in a bit.

We plan on venturing in the growing market of TikToks and YouTube Shorts. We've come up with some unique ideas that will be super entertaining for both the platforms, and will still be very high effort and great for the casual viewer.

There's a few cubing "niches" that have never been explored before. We've managed to pinpoint a few and will be working on those.

Message to YouCubers
So, if you're a YouCuber, then I have some interesting plans involving you guys. You may remember a while back I made a thread collecting YouTube channels. I'll be coming back to that as well as one that another cuber made (I can't remember who it was off the top of my head).

If you think you have some unique perspectives into cubing, feel free to reach out to us and we'll bring you onto our upcoming podcast.

If you want us to react/critique some of your content, be sure to let us know. We have a lot of reaction based content coming up, not your generic reaction videos you've seen on YouTube a million times before (not hating on anyone that makes these reaction videos, they're just not the type of content we'd watch and thus not make).

If you guys have any collaboration ideas of your own and want us to get involved, be sure to reach out to us with your idea and we can see if we can fit them in. Collabs are something we're lacking on the channel and is a great way to connect with other audiences and help each other grow.

Our plans would never be possible if it wasn't for the support you guys provide. We have some super unique content lined up and a sub/follow to our platforms would be great.

Using our code "CRITICS" at TheCubicle, or "CRITIC5" at KewbzUK goes a long way in supporting the channel, and helps us level up our content dramatically. However, there's some great creators that also go unheard sometimes and you're more than welcome to use a code to TheCubicle from the ones below:

and loads more. Whatever code you use will help that person out a tonne, here were just a few.

YouTube

Have a great day. If you have any questions for us, feel free to leave them below.

EDIT: Also, for those people that have answered "No" to the poll above, you're more than welcome to leave some comments and feedback below. Would help us out a tonne.
Looking forward to this!

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone.

Sponsorships

GAN:

YuXin:

MoYu:

MSCUBE

New Companies

TheCubicle

KewbzUK

Content:

Podcast:

Videos:

Message to YouCubers

YouTube

Thanks for the discount code shout-out :) Can't wait for the new videos

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Very tempting to collab, though idk what I can say. Maybe I can talk about non WCA puzzles and cubing companies

Carter Cubes

Yoooooo thanks for the code shoutout!

I might have some ideas to talk about on your podcasts, currently I run a podcast with Humble and KardTrickKid called the CuberCast Podcast, if you guys want to talk about anything we can discuss further or slide into dms.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Looking forward to this!
Thanks for the discount code shout-out :) Can't wait for the new videos

Glad there's some hype around our upcoming videos.

Yoooooo thanks for the code shoutout!

I might have some ideas to talk about on your podcasts, currently I run a podcast with Humble and KardTrickKid called the CuberCast Podcast, if you guys want to talk about anything we can discuss further or slide into dms.

It's a great podcast I must say. Will shoot you a DM if we think of something that works for both of us.
Very tempting to collab, though idk what I can say. Maybe I can talk about non WCA puzzles and cubing companies

I'm sure you'll have some interesting insights. Don't be hesitant to send us a DM/comment and we can have a chat. Doesn't have to be the podcast primarily.

Also, quick announcement for everyone, the Weilong WRM 2021 is coming today!!
We'll have a video up this week going over the details and comparing it to the WRM 2020 / other flagships perhaps.
Super excited.

EDIT: It's here...
1623061715721.png

Last edited:

rubik2005

Glad there's some hype around our upcoming videos.

It's a great podcast I must say. Will shoot you a DM if we think of something that works for both of us.

I'm sure you'll have some interesting insights. Don't be hesitant to send us a DM/comment and we can have a chat. Doesn't have to be the podcast primarily.

Also, quick announcement for everyone, the Weilong WRM 2021 is coming today!!
We'll have a video up this week going over the details and comparing it to the WRM 2020 / other flagships perhaps.
Super excited.

EDIT: It's here...
View attachment 16004
Awesome! Can't wait for the review

P.S: would've been nice to make the arrow a bit more arrow-shaped

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just found out from TheCubicle that the Weilong WRM 2021 will come in 2 versions.

One of the versions we were sent and is the standard core.
Another version will have a MAGLEV system!!

We'll have a chat with MoYu and see what we can find out and whether or not we'll get a hold of this cube at a later date.

Super interesting stuff.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,
Quick mini announcement
We are launching a new podcast known as "The Cubing Couch".

We have the pleasure of speaking with various cubing manufacturers and companies and a lot of the news is held onto until there's enough to make a video on. Now we are able to share news and leaks a lot earlier than usual. Most of it will be uncut compared to the Talking Critical series so we'll go in-depth on all the new product announcements.

Episode 1 is launching in a few days, so feel free to subscribe to The Cubing Couch YT Channel to be notified. We will be on all the major podcasting platforms too but we're in the process of sorting all that out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQgT_AlEm_BSPV2HVHhHxQ

Hope you guys enjoy, (also, despite the end of the URL looking like a popular 80's pop tune, I can assure you this is our podcast channel)

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,
Quick mini announcement
We are launching a new podcast known as "The Cubing Couch".

We have the pleasure of speaking with various cubing manufacturers and companies and a lot of the news is held onto until there's enough to make a video on. Now we are able to share news and leaks a lot earlier than usual. Most of it will be uncut compared to the Talking Critical series so we'll go in-depth on all the new product announcements.

Episode 1 is launching in a few days, so feel free to subscribe to The Cubing Couch YT Channel to be notified. We will be on all the major podcasting platforms too but we're in the process of sorting all that out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQgT_AlEm_BSPV2HVHhHxQ

Hope you guys enjoy, (also, despite the end of the URL looking like a popular 80's pop tune, I can assure you this is our podcast channel)
Nice! I've needed a new podcast to listen to since dlsone died about a year ago.