• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New CP first method

Gucci-Taco_

I have created a new method that may or may not be good. I do not yet have a name for the method and I think the method could be optimized. Here is an overview of the method:

The first step is to create a 1x2x3 block on the left and solve corner permutation (not completely solving corner permutation but allowing the corners to be able to be solved using only R and U moves). This is the same as the Briggs method.
The second step is to solve DF and DB edges while solving edge orientation using moves that perserve corner permutation. This is also the same as the Briggs method.
The third step is to solve the FR and BR edges using R and U moves.
The fourth step is to do an algorithm that orients corners.
The final step is to do an algorithm that solves the cube.

I have not yet generated the algorithms, or made a recognition method for the final step.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I have created a new method that may or may not be good. I do not yet have a name for the method and I think the method could be optimized. Here is an overview of the method:

The first step is to create a 1x2x3 block on the left and solve corner permutation (not completely solving corner permutation but allowing the corners to be able to be solved using only R and U moves). This is the same as the Briggs method.
The second step is to solve DF and DB edges while solving edge orientation using moves that perserve corner permutation. This is also the same as the Briggs method.
The third step is to solve the FR and BR edges using R and U moves.
The fourth step is to do an algorithm that orients corners.
The final step is to do an algorithm that solves the cube.

I have not yet generated the algorithms, or made a recognition method for the final step.

Sorry, but is this not just YruRU? And isn’t YruRU basically just Briggs?