• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New alg for V using T

whauk

WCA
2008KARL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
you can save a move:
L'U'LUxUR'U'R'FR2U'R'U'RUR'F'lU'L'UL
i think this is nice for teaching full PLL to beginners.
i remember some people i taught having a hard time learning that R' U R' d'... alg
and for them its still faster than using Y+U

maggot

this reminds me of the J perm conjugate F perms. they're ok, at first. there are many algs that are better than it. another example is the E perm. there is an easy to remember one (R2 U sexy sexy sexy one), and then the l U' R' D one. not really easy to remember until you get the tricks down pat, but its WAY faster.

as for the interesting factor, it might be interesting for a beginner trying to learn easy to remember PLLs.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh darn I had my hopes up here, I love the F that is the conjugated T perm, and was hoping for a good V like it, but that's just too big and awkward. someone else posted a similar one using just R's U's and the Tperm the other day, but it too was massive.

Still, thanks for trying.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For V from the back you can always do L' U L' U' y' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F
It can be fast if you do the first U' with right index finger push. Well I don't use it cos I can't do it fast nor can I recognise V perm from the back easily, but it has potential

ninjabob7

I think there's nothing wrong with the normal V-perm. R' U R' d'... is one of my favorite PLLs. Anyone else agree?

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i think this is nice for teaching full PLL to beginners.
i remember some people i taught having a hard time learning that R' U R' d'... alg
and for them its still faster than using Y+U

This sort of approach is horrible in the long run. They are going to need a good alg eventually, they should learn something good in the first place.

EVH

Just checked the Wiki at the V perm and found a nice looking one that is 2 gen R' U R' U' y z' U' R U' R' U2 y' R' U' R U R x

Besides the rotations looks nice

Too many rotations for my liking.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This sort of approach is horrible in the long run. They are going to need a good alg eventually, they should learn something good in the first place.

I somewhat agree. Teaching someone a bad alg because it's easy to memorize just means they'll be reluctant to learn a faster one. It's also a waste of their time in the long run.