• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Albany Open 2013

IMSLOW1097

WCA
2009ABRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey there guys,
The New Albany Open 2013 is going to be on June 8th, 2013. There was a great turnout of 80 competitors last year, and I hope for 100 competitors this year!

Event page: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=NewAlbany2013

Here is the event list:

2x2 - 1 round
3x3 - 3 rounds
4x4 - 1 round
3x3 OH - 2 rounds
3x3 BLD - 1 round
Pyraminx - 1 Round
Clock - 1 Round
Not-so-mystery event - 48-person Head-to-Head Competition!*

*the first 16 to come through the door on the day of the competition will get a first-round bye in the head-to-head tournament. The next 32 to come through the door (17-48) will get to partcipate in the tournament starting in the first round.

The website is : http://koii.cubingusa.com/newalbany2013

Registration is open already, so PLEASE REGISTER NOW! We want to get a good idea of how many people are coming ASAP, because we may add a side event room, alone with one or two events :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Can't wait to hear from y'all!

Last edited:

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am coming! There should be some 5x5.

Also I was hoping to organize some teams to do the Guildford challenge against other teams. For those who are interested could you please reply to my post or message me saying that you want to and what events you are best at. If you have a preference of who you want to be with, please state that.

There will need to be people willing to do feet.

Personally I am best at big cubes and megaminx.

Last edited:

IMSLOW1097

WCA
2009ABRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will everyone do all 5 4x4 solves?

We will have no hard cutoff, but there will be a 2 minute soft cutoff for the first two solves.

I am coming! There should be some 5x5.

Also I was hoping to organize some teams to do the Guildford challenge against other teams. For those who are interested could you please reply to my post or message me saying that you want to and what events you are best at. If you have a preference of who you want to be with, please state that.

There will need to be people willing to do feet.

Personally I am best at big cubes and megaminx.

I don't think that we will add 5x5 because of the time issues last year, so i am worried about how that's gonna go if we add a more time-consuming event such as 5x5 or megaminx. So, i wish we could :( sorry!
And i would love to take part in a guildford challenge! i'm not that fast at much though, i'm getting faster at 3x3 and pyra and OH (sub-13, sub-12 and sub-30 respectively), and I'm improving quite fast on each.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Brandon: If you want, I can get a hotel room for Friday night and then you can crash at my place Saturday?

Ryan and/or Trevor: What is your plan for this competition? Going, not going? If going, staying anywhere in Columbus Fri night or are you going to drive both ways on Saturday?

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Brandon: If you want, I can get a hotel room for Friday night and then you can crash at my place Saturday?

Ryan and/or Trevor: What is your plan for this competition? Going, not going? If going, staying anywhere in Columbus Fri night or are you going to drive both ways on Saturday?

I'd be down for that.

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01

We're going. We were actually planning on trying to go to King's Island the day before (Friday) and then spend Friday night somewhere in Columbus. Kinda forgot about it - anyone else interested in joining us?

If we end up deciding not go to King's Island then we are probably just going to be going there and back Saturday.

Last edited:

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah, I'm not much a fan of King's Island (I'm a girl terrified of heights which doesn't quite mix with roller coasters).

Brandon: Let's do that, then. Would you be cool w/driving to/from Columbus, too? I'm not much a fan of my car and would prefer not to take Ashley's car again. What time do you think you'd be in Indy that Friday?

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah, I'm not much a fan of King's Island (I'm a girl terrified of heights which doesn't quite mix with roller coasters).

Brandon: Let's do that, then. Would you be cool w/driving to/from Columbus, too? I'm not much a fan of my car and would prefer not to take Ashley's car again. What time do you think you'd be in Indy that Friday?

Yeah I can do that. I'm not quite sure what time, as I'll be have to work Friday. Hopefully I'd be in Indy no later than 10pm.