• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

NEW 4x4 Method for ZZ solver.

Can ZZ44 Get faster as Meyer ?

• Yes

• No

• Another

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quốc Hưng

Hello, im was invent a new 4x4 method for ZZ sovler.
Its ZZ44 method.
Its similar to Hoya but with EO pairing BL and BR edge.

Overall Step :

*L/R Center
*D/B Center
*Pseudo Cross (1 Line edge + 1 Any Good Edge at cross possiton)
*Put any Good Edge at BL BR
*Last Pseudo Cross Edge + L2C
*Finish Edge Pairing
*EO+OLLParrity->ZZF2L->LL+Parity PLL
Method PROS :
  • Gives a ZZ finish for a low movecount than Hoya,similar movecount to Yau, with all of the advantages Hoya has.
  • Easy look ahead
  • Less cube rotations
  • The most used moves are Rw, Lw, L, R, U. Very few F, B moves. Resulting higher TPS.
  • Better ways to deal with parity. The number of algs used in a solve with double parity is one less than with standard Yau with double parity, and PLL parity recognition is easier due to corners being solved. \
CONS:
  • L2C can be a little hard.

How do you feel about this mrthod, is it as fast as meyer or 4Z4 ? :D 😀 :cool:

Method link :

Last edited:
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
You have asked this question several times on Discord, and I have answered. There are no documents.
Maybe he was asking for the benefit of the forum members not on Discord, or maybe he wanted to check with someone who would have more knowledge of the subject (i.e. Someone who develops ZZ methods for 4x4.)

Quốc Hưng

ZZ44 sounds cool, but it is tough to implement I think, M2 L D S' D' L' D' S D M2.
Ha I have a sub 50 single, but no video. :(

Just use Yau, or LEOR if you really want EO. ZZ 4x4 methods suffer from the fact that Redux isn't fast compared to Yau and that EO tricks take away from the speed of 3-3-2 edge pairing.
i think ZZ44 edge pairing is very fast, because it mostly use Lw,Rw,L,R,U move and less rotate cube, very suit for ZZ solver.I think its can get faster as meyer or 4z4.But....well, it is hard to get fast as Yau.

Are there any well documented EO edge pairing guides? I can't find any.
For ZZ44 ?

Just use Yau, or LEOR if you really want EO. ZZ 4x4 methods suffer from the fact that Redux isn't fast compared to Yau and that EO tricks take away from the speed of 3-3-2 edge pairing.
Ummmm Nah, Yau is the best for any solver, but for ZZ solver, ZZ44 is very good, as meyer for Rouxer

i think ZZ44 edge pairing is very fast, because it mostly use Lw,Rw,L,R,U move and less rotate cube, very suit for ZZ solver.I think its can get faster as meyer or 4z4.But....well, it is hard to get fast as Yau.
I get a PB sub 40 but again, no video
(Sorry)

And the movecount will be the same as Yau (ETM metric)

ZZ44 sounds cool, but it is tough to implement I think, M2 L D S' D' L' D' S D M2.
What is "M2 L D S' D' L' D' S D M2."

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe he was asking for the benefit of the forum members not on Discord, or maybe he wanted to check with someone who would have more knowledge of the subject (i.e. Someone who develops ZZ methods for 4x4.)
I don't think you understand the situation well enough (you not being on Discord) to make such a critical post. I myself have created ZZ methods for 4x4 and have done research

Quốc Hưng

Yes, I was just want a guide. I figured this would be the place to ask since this method is new and uses EO edge pairing, maybe he made a guide. Sorry to bother
Hmmm... Its only Vietnamese guide, English guide will be make soon!

vietnammese tutorial:

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I don't think you understand the situation well enough (you not being on Discord) to make such a critical post. I myself have created ZZ methods for 4x4 and have done research
I think you're right in the fact that I was too critical but being that I am not a part of Discord, not ever hearing you talk about the methods you have created or hearing anybody mention you or give you credit I thought it was safe to assume. It's interesting that both you and OreKehStrah did not respond to my initial suggestion: "Maybe he was asking for the benefit of the forum members not on Discord." How would us plebians not on Discord know of things discussed exclusively on Discord?

Last edited:

Quốc Hưng

I think you're right in the fact that I was to critical but being that I am not a part of Discord, not ever hearing you talk about the methods you have created or hearing anybody mention you or give you credit I thought it was safe to assume. It's interesting that both you and OreKehStrah did not respond to my initial suggestion: Maybe he was asking for the benefit of the forum members not on Discord. How would us plebians not on Discord know of things discussed exclusively on Discord?
Don't war in my thread !

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's worth noting that this was just a step on my way to develop 4z4. I thought 4z4 was good at the time (it's definitely better than Z4), but it's just not as good as LEOR, which isn't as good as Yau. If you want fun, not speed, go for whatever method you want, but don't then push your method as being faster than methods that are actually fast. If you want to be fast but still use a ZZ based method, LEOR is for you (it's what I use in ~2/3 of solves due to centres). If you want to be fast, Yau is the way (unfortunately, but it's true).

Quốc Hưng

It's worth noting that this was just a step on my way to develop 4z4. I thought 4z4 was good at the time (it's definitely better than Z4), but it's just not as good as LEOR, which isn't as good as Yau. If you want fun, not speed, go for whatever method you want, but don't then push your method as being faster than methods that are actually fast. If you want to be fast but still use a ZZ based method, LEOR is for you (it's what I use in ~2/3 of solves due to centres). If you want to be fast, Yau is the way (unfortunately, but it's true).
I don't think so, I think the LEOR is bad for 2H and Bigcubes because It Reduction is like the meyer, and have many Meyer Cons.After Reduction, The EO Strip will be a lot of hard.So the TPS will be low.And Yau is very fast, but for ZZ solver, ZZ44 very cool and fast.

Last edited:

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you're right in the fact that I was too critical but being that I am not a part of Discord, not ever hearing you talk about the methods you have created or hearing anybody mention you or give you credit I thought it was safe to assume. It's interesting that both you and OreKehStrah did not respond to my initial suggestion: "Maybe he was asking for the benefit of the forum members not on Discord." How would us plebians not on Discord know of things discussed exclusively on Discord?
Because the converse is not true. People on SSF may not be in discord, but as you can see, zzoomer and I are on discord and the forums, so we knew that no such document exists at the moment in either location. And the thread creator did not provide one unless it’s in the wiki.

GodCubing

How do you use LEOR on 4x4?