• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 3x3x3 method Idea...

Alex DiTuro

Premium Member
WCA
2008DITU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Over the past couple weeks I've come up with an idea about a new 3x3x3 method. It resembles the roux method with a few variations. Here is the layout of my method.

1. Solve two 1x1x3 blocks opposite each other on the bottom layer i.e. red and orange. (this is different than the roux method's 1x2x3)

2. solve the top red and orange edges then orient and permute the top corners.(of course this could be done much more efficiently but I am not worried about that now)

3. Solve the remaining eight edges. Because of the way the solved cubes are placed, you can solve the remaining edges with E and M slices without misplacing any other pieces.

Do you guys have any suggestions of how this method could be tweaked?
Improvements would be helpful. Thanks! :D

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder how similar this is to solving the 8 corners first followed by the 12 edges? (The first 4 of the 12 edges being LD,LU,RD,RU.)

I remember 25 years ago experimenting with corners first, then LF,LB,RF,RB (4 vertical edges), then using M and S moves with some U moves to solve the rest. I heard of some people using that method. I gave up on it.

Alex DiTuro

Premium Member
WCA
2008DITU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
now remember, I'm new at speedcubing. I've only been cubing for about 5 months. I'm not exactly sure how to do step 3 of my method. I was kinda wondering If you guys explain to me how the roux method permutes the last 4 edges around the M layer. I know there's a couple algs, but I'm not sure HOW they work. If iI had a better insight I could figure out how to solve those last 8 edges. Thanks!