• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 2x2 method: OLB

orient last bar.png
OLB (Orient Last Bar) solves the last 2 slots (bar) and oll at the same time.
Steps:
1. Make first bar (it's probably already built as most scrambles have a bar)
2. do OLB
3. 2x2 PLL (not PBL)
Unfortunately, i don't know how to find algs and cube explorer is too complicated and doesn't allow unfinished cubes

Last edited:
This seems to be inferior to jumping straight into EG in every way.

I don't think there is something simpler than Cube Explorer.

?
its not eg as you don't even need to make a first face (first bars are probably already there), and you just solve the layer and oll at the same time.
The cube cannot have blank (grey) spaces, which would make it unfinished

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
its not eg as you don't even need to make a first face (first bars are probably already there), and you just solve the layer and oll at the same time.
The cube cannot have blank (grey) spaces, which would make it unfinished
You can gray out pieces so they’re ignored. Sounds like you just didn’t learn to use CE correctly. Also just use the batch solver.

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
i could be wrong, but I don’t believe RU would affect corner permutation, therefore giving an improper amount of cases
We don't care about the permutation of the last layer corners. You can add T perm to the scramble (and specify an UO&E to ignore LL corner permutation) and the algorithms are still the same.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 21763
Steps:
2. do OLB
3. 2x2 PLL (not PBL)
Unfortunately, i don't know how to find algs and cube explorer is too complicated and doesn't allow unfinished cubes
I don't think layer building should be algorithmic. Also 2x2 PLL should be avoided.

EG and CLL are quite good methods. Use them and get fast yo.

WCA
2022ESPI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 21763
Steps:
2. do OLB
3. 2x2 PLL (not PBL)
so this method is basically lbl but algorithmic layers?

Perhaps my CP112 variant would be viable for situational 1-looking, because it takes special advantage of certain scrambles EG can't. But I can't imagine a scramble where your method would be better than EG.
in eg, you have to solve the first face
but in this method, you don't have to make a first face, so that's a pro (cp112 seems great too for a 1L solve)