• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nevan J's Progression Thread | Practicing Square-1, 2x2 and 3x3

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
OMG WHAT
i just got a squan pb single a few mins ago and i'm still in shock

Generated By csTimer on 2022-11-24
single: 9.74

Time List:
290. 9.74 (0,-4)/ (0,3)/ (4,-5)/ (-3,0)/ (-1,-1)/ (-2,-5)/ (5,0)/ (-3,0)/ (0,-1)/ (6,-3)/ (0,-2)/ (-2,0)

Just take a look at this scramble bro
recon coming soon on my youtube channel

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
here's the progress i've made over the past month

I wasn't practising 3x3 and 2x2 that much because I finally have a competition upcoming, and it is in my city, and the venue is just 5 mins away! anyway, it only has side events, so no 3x3 2x2 and 4x4 but it has square-1

So I have mainly be focusing on square-1 the last month. I have become sub-30 to sub-26, gotten quite good with intermediate cubeshape and also learned some EPs. I have started learning full CS as well

For 2x2, I was practising it for the most part, but I wasn't focusing on it that much because it wasn't in the comp. Also i have gotten so bad in 4x4 that i'm not even sub-1 minute but that's because obviously I can't do that many events.

Lastly for 3x3, i have improved a bit even tho I didn't practise it, and you can see that from my previous weekly comp results

I'm doing sq-1, FMC, and 3BLD in this comp, so I really hope to podium in sq-1 since i think there aren't any good people in sq1 except Sukant Koul at the comp. For FMC, I have learnt NISS, Blockbuilding and Pseudoblocks, but I only practise it in weekly comps. and for 3BLD, again I only do it in weekly comps, but when I am feeling motivated I do practise it

My future goals are mainly just to get good in Square-1, 3x3 and 2x2, but I'll probably only start seriously practising 3x3 and 2x2 after the comp