• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nevan J's Road to Square-1 NR

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
My birthday is near and I was considering making a wish list (although I think I would probably only get 1 puzzle)
I really need advice on what's the best puzzle, I had been doing a lot of research for 2x2 and I think the MGC Elite is my final decision but here's the list

2x2: MGC Elite
Square-One: I have been thinking to get this puzzle for a long time (a really long time) so I think the best one afte my research is the YJ MGC
Pyraminx: idk if i should buy it, and if yes, then idk which one to get (i already know the beginner's method)

So overall am I making a good choice buying the MGC Elite for 2x2 and the YJ MGC SQ1?

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
My birthday is near and I was considering making a wish list (although I think I would probably only get 1 puzzle)
I really need advice on what's the best puzzle, I had been doing a lot of research for 2x2 and I think the MGC Elite is my final decision but here's the list

2x2: MGC Elite
Square-One: I have been thinking to get this puzzle for a long time (a really long time) so I think the best one afte my research is the YJ MGC
Pyraminx: idk if i should buy it, and if yes, then idk which one to get (i already know the beginner's method)

So overall am I making a good choice buying the MGC Elite for 2x2 and the YJ MGC SQ1?
For pyraminx get the YLM, after setup it is godly.

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok thanks! What about the 2x2 and square one? Also how should I setup the YLM? (What lubes to buy)
2x2- MGC2 Elite/Valk 2 if you can find one
Squan- MGC/Volt V2 (I recommend the MGC)
Lubes - Weight 5, DNM-37, Mystic (for TC) and Martian, Stardust & Lunar (SCS)

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2- MGC2 Elite/Valk 2 if you can find one
Squan- MGC/Volt V2 (I recommend the MGC)
Lubes - Weight 5, DNM-37, Mystic (for TC) and Martian, Stardust & Lunar (SCS)
Although I wouldn't recommend buying from outside India because Indian Customs just loves to treat the boxes like punching bags.

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

That has silk, mystic, dnm. (get that option tbh)

(silicone lubes)

Hurricane - Weight 1
Storm - Weight 2
Swift - Weight 3
Breeze - Weight 4
Calm - Weight 5

Not bad deals because combined, it is around 2700 INR while from TC it would be $40 ish so 3180 INR.
And it's a lot of lube :)

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel

That has silk, mystic, dnm. (get that option tbh)

(silicone lubes)

Hurricane - Weight 1
Storm - Weight 2
Swift - Weight 3
Breeze - Weight 4
Calm - Weight 5

Not bad deals because combined, it is around 2700 INR while from TC it would be $40 ish so 3180 INR.
And it's a lot of lube :)
Thanks! Btw the cubelelo hurricane lube I use, used to finish in just 1 month so idk what I should do about that

WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! Btw the cubelelo hurricane lube I use, used to finish in just 1 month so idk what I should do about that
don't just use hurricane, silk is a little slower but it's good, and you can use storm, swift, breeze, and calm. and mystic, silk, and dnm. That should last you a half a year

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
don't just use hurricane, silk is a little slower but it's good, and you can use storm, swift, breeze, and calm. and mystic, silk, and dnm. That should last you a half a year
Which one should I use out of storm,Swift,breeze etc for my rs3m 2021?
And is silk faster or mystic (i know DNM 37 is the fastest lube so should I buy it to use in big cubes?)