• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Need help on rubik's cube speech: 2-3 minutes

stinkocheeze

I know that I am going to do a speech on Rubik's Cubes, but what should I talk about?

General stuff: intro to speedcubing, method, history
Why I love the rubik's cube

etc.

wing92

i don't think 2-3 minutes is long enough to include hardly anything on method so i would stick mainly to history, why you cube, maybe stick in that the cube isnt that hard to solve. if you get to hold a cube while you talk, you could maybe include an example solve or talk about how it's not really 54 stickers, it's 20 pieces and take out an edge to explain that.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did a speech about the history of cubing/cubing in general about a month ago. It went really well, but it's about 8 minutes long. I could send it to you if you want? :p

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
It's not the best topic for a 3 minute speech (which IMO is super short and you should be able to write a speech on your own if it's only 3 minutes) but I think it's far too broad for three minutes. Just do why it's fun and then maybe tell people places online where they can learn.