• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Need help disabling Java security warning

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ever since I upgraded to some version of Java 6 to get Java to work on Chrome, the following dialog box pops up EVERY single time a Java applet tries to load (that's once per applet on every page):

java_security_warning.png

(It always says 1.6.0-rc)

This happens in FF, IE, Opera, and Chrome. I need to click "Run" or else I can't get back to the browser. If I press "Cancel", the box re-appears repeatedly until I finally press "Run". Then the applet starts loading.

Essentially, this provides no security for me. It has only cost me hours of productivity, involving thousands of clicks (in fact, probably over 9000 clicks by now). It's especially annoying on applet pages, where I have a 30-second "Run"-clicking session.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?
I'm running Windows XP, SP2. Nothing in the Java Control Panel works, downgrading/upgrading Java didn't do anything, and I haven't found any other place that seems to have appropriate security options.