• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nautilus: An advanced 3x3 method

Athefre

Here are cll algs for the cx variant. These algs preserve EO and ignore the FR and FD edge.CXCOLL

Nice! I'll add this link to the site and credit you. Thank you for putting this together. I've been busy with other projects so this is very helpful!

Athefre

There have been some updates to the method. L5E is now the primary variant. The site has been updated accordingly. There is now a new Steps tab that goes over the steps of the L5E variant. The L5E variant has also been slightly modified to have the goal of blockbuilding the dbr 2x2x2 and dFR pair as one step. dbr 2x2x2 then dFR pair is efficient, but it is also sometimes best to solve the blocks in a different order. The L5E page also contains a simplified and intermediate option so that users can have a low alg count option and a way to progress towards advanced L5E. The rest of the Nautilus variants are all contained in the Other Variants tab.

ObscureCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
There have been some updates to the method. L5E is now the primary variant. The site has been updated accordingly. There is now a new Steps tab that goes over the steps of the L5E variant. The L5E variant has also been slightly modified to have the goal of blockbuilding the dbr 2x2x2 and dFR pair as one step. dbr 2x2x2 then dFR pair is efficient, but it is also sometimes best to solve the blocks in a different order. The L5E page also contains a simplified and intermediate option so that users can have a low alg count option and a way to progress towards advanced L5E. The rest of the Nautilus variants are all contained in the Other Variants tab.
I do wish one of the other variants came out on top
(like eo>square>LL)
the L5E variant (not accounting for the new algs) is quite the non-unique method, just a restrictive way of doing russo which honestly is quite a meh method.
I don't see why you like L5E so much?
It completely ruins what I found interesting in the first place (last square and eo)
just got a decent single on cam, didn't want to put it in another message:

Last edited:

Athefre

I do wish one of the other variants came out on top
(like eo>square>LL)
the L5E variant (not accounting for the new algs) is quite the non-unique method, just a restrictive way of doing russo which honestly is quite a meh method.
I don't see why you like L5E so much?
It completely ruins what I found interesting in the first place (last square and eo)
just got a decent single on cam, didn't want to put it in another message:

I'm not throwing away the LL variant. It's still there at the top. And it certainly is a unique way to get to ZBLL. We can have more than one main variant. So users can still choose based on their preference. Everyone can debate which variant they think is best.

I chose to present L5E as the main variant on the site because the move-count is the same as or slightly lower than the ZBLL variant and it has the most potential for move-count improvement through the use of pseudo techniques. The L5E variant also has the most unique ending with L5E. Many methods end in ZBLL.

As for Russo and HK, Nautilus came first. And those two methods are pretty much saying "build this block however you want", which is strange.