• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

National Capital Region 2014 (Rockland, Ontario)

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
We are pleased to announce once again this year the NCR 2014 competition.

It will be held on May 17 at the Optimist Performance Hall in the L'Escale Highschool in Rockland, Ontario (Canada).

Events:
  • 2x2x2
  • 3x3x3
  • 3x3x3 OH
  • 3x3x3 BLD
  • 4x4x4
  • Megaminx
  • Pyraminx
  • Skewb

We unfortunately won't be able to hold big BLD/multi or 5x5 or Feet this year due to event limitations.

Registration for the competition will close on May 14, 2013
If you register online, it will be 15$ for an event + 2$ per event with a max of 25$. If you don't pre-register online, it will be 20$ + 2$ per event with no max fee.

I'll probably be cooking stuff up for a bake sale at the competition like last year, depending if we can get somebody to take care of the selling part.

I'd like to mention that we've got some awesome prizes this year. We have medals, plus 50$/30$/15$ for 1st/2nd/3rd place in every event in the form of gift cars (probably Walmart). Thanks to our awesome sponsors Myers Auto group, the Knights of Columbus and Rubiks.com

Visit the page on CanadianCubing.com for more information.

Last edited:
WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd like to mention that we've got some awesome prizes this year. We have medals, plus significant cash prizes from our awesome sponsors (Myers Auto group and the Knights of Columbus). I'll announce the specific amounts as soon as I get the okay to do so.

Last edited:

cuboy63

WCA
2010WANG68
I'd like to mention that we've got some awesome prizes this year. We have medals, plus significant cash prizes from are awesome sponsors (Myers Auto group and the Knights of Columbus). I'll announce the specific amounts as soon as I get the okay to do so.

Sweet; I will be there most likely.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The registration link goes to NCR2013 instead of NCR2014.

Thanks, fixed.

Unfortunately, I think I will have to skip a year. My babies are too young for me to be away so long or to come along. One of these days I will see about bringing my family!

:(

Sweet; I will be there most likely.

The prizes will be 50$ for first place, 30$ for second and 15$ for third place, all in every event.
You'd probably get yourself lots of cash (at least for a cubing competition).

Of course, you don't have to come if you don't want to, don't let money decide ;)

MAJOR EDIT: It turns out the money prizes will have to be given out in the form of gift cards (probably Walmart) because of bank related complications.

Last edited:

QQW

WCA
2014WANG26
I would like to know the cutoff times/positions for 3x3 and 3x3OH explained since i didn't understand anything from the schedule(too complicated for me). could i pass in 2nd round if I average around 21sec?

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
We've already set up the room for tomorrow, it looks pretty good :)

I would like to know the cutoff times/positions for 3x3 and 3x3OH explained since i didn't understand anything from the schedule(too complicated for me). could i pass in 2nd round if I average around 21sec?

The "cutoff" is just the time you have to beat in order to complete an average. You have two attempts to get a solve under the cutoff time. If you succeed in doing so, you're allowed to complete your 5 solves. If not, your round finishes after the two solves you've done.

As for if you can get to the next round if you average around 21 seconds, we can't really know for sure, as it depends on the performance of the other cubers. However, judging by last year's results, it's very likely you'd make it to the second round.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My results:
2x2: 3.05 average. Finals scrambles were ridiculous, but I epic failed them, and got 3rd with 3.33
3x3: 9.14 average. Epic failed in finals and got 6th
OH: 13.02 average. 11.31 and 11.34 nl singles. Epic failed 2nd rnd and finals, finished 1st with a 14.25 avg
BLD: 1:21.xx and 53.2x off by 3 edges. Best single of 1:54.xx. 4th.
4x4: 39.98 avg (lol), 36.47 single (still no sub-36 :(). 3rd
Megaminx: 1:11 average, 1:03 single. Surprisingly good considering I haven't practiced in about a year. 2nd.
Pyra: 4.92 avg. Would have gotten 2.65 NR single, but instead of just turning a tip, I turned the whole top, and got DNF . Would have been 4.39 avg without the E-slice DNF. 2nd.
Skewb: 3.97 NR single, 4.73 NAR avg (sorry Ranzha). Pretty easy scrambles. 1st (duh)

Bill was insane. He got a ton of records:
3x3 NAR average: 7.73
2x2 NR average: 2.26
4x4 NR single: 30.09
4x4 NR average: 32.73
3BLD NR single: 38.28
3BLD NR mean: 40.29