• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

N Perms - What's yours?

Thread starter #1
How's it guys.

I've seen loads of you post about using J perms as N perms, but with a R U R' before and after, or something along those lines.

I can't seem to find it, and i hate the N perms i have now.

Please post your N perms here :)

Thanks in advance :)

I think it's R U R' U [j perm] [opposite of R U R' U] for one of them. I'm not sure off the top of my head what the analogue is for the other J perm, it might just be inversing the R and U's.

H

hdskull

I tried R U R' J perms, I don't like them, for me they're slower than the regular Ns that i do.

Are there any sub 2-ers who does'nt use these.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
vault312
I think it's R U R' U [j perm] [opposite of R U R' U] for one of them. I'm not sure off the top of my head what the analogue is for the other J perm, it might just be inversing the R and U's.
umm i guess that works, but i think a y-rotation is more common than the U-turn.

one is R U R' y Ja perm y' R U' R'

the other is R' U' R y' Jb perm y R' U R

the rotations are optional, depending on how you hold the cube during your j-perms. obviously you perform your j perm on the 2x3 block of oriented peices left after the R U R' or whatever.

i use these, and i hate them. I am switching to others soon.

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
fanwuq
Omg, I thank you Wuqiong.
Thanks for this alg that I have fell in love with at first sigh..I meant first try.
R' U R' F R F' R U' R' F' U F R U R' U' R
Glad that someone at least like one of the algs I concluded to be the fastest of its kind. But seriously, someone's got to try my Y perm. It's just so fast for me. Almost faster than T perm.

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
fanwuq

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
vault312
Omg, I thank you Wuqiong.
Thanks for this alg that I have fell in love with at first sigh..I meant first try.
R' U R' F R F' R U' R' F' U F R U R' U' R
Glad that someone at least like one of the algs I concluded to be the fastest of its kind. But seriously, someone's got to try my Y perm. It's just so fast for me. Almost faster than T perm.
yeah thats a really good one. and i did give your Y-perm a try and it just didnt work for me.

WCA
2008BRUN01
YouTube
GuyWithFunnyHat
well...I use nakaji's...

L' U R' z R2 U R' U z' R U R' z R2 U R' z' R U'
and
z R' U R' D R'2 U' R U D' R' D R'2 U' R D'
I don't like the second one, but I can't find anything obviously better

has anybody tried
F' R U R' U' R' F R2 F U' R' U' R U F' R' ?