• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 My thoughts on the YJ MGC3 Elite

SdnS

WCA
2018SEXT01
I recently decided to get the YJ MGC3 Elite because of all the amazing reviews and comments I have seen on the cube, and I have had it for about 3 weeks now and so far I have done about 150-200 solves on it, without adjusting any settings on the cube, with an session average of 17.87 and in those solves I have made up my mind on how I stand with this cube and here are my thoughts. The cube is extremely fast, yet still controllable, but I still over shoot sometimes and God forbid I use it as my OH main. The cube can do a U2 with zero effort with one U flick, the magnets are pretty weak to my feeling, but are still noticeable and can help compensate for the speed. But keep in mind, this cube can be adjusted and I left it untouched and un-lubed out of the box, so keep that in mind when thinking about the cube’s performance. The cube overall has extremely good corner cutting, but the one thing that has REALLY made me dislike this cube on a whole other level, is how easy, and how often it catches and locks up. The cube can have it’s moments with catching and locking but most of the time it locks and catches beyond comprehension, which almost makes me want to never use the cube again but I’m basically used to it by now. So at the end of the day, I’m not huge fan of this cube. However, I feel like it could be improved incredibly if I were to adjust some settings . So my personal opinion on this cube is that it’s fast with amazing corner cutting, but still controllable, but catches beyond comprehension.