• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Sub 10 progression thread. This time for real!

Which Event Should I focus on for the next few weeks or Months?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say learn the basic fundamentals of OH, like using your left hand, how to do RU turning as well as F moves, doing z rotations then RU moves for f2l solutions you would normally do L and U moves for two handed. Also, efficiency is extremely important in OH, as it makes a bigger impact on your solves than on 3x3 because you're turning slower.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So for some reason I’m trying out roux. I’m a week in and I average like 35 two handed and 45 one handed with roux. Because of my practice with oh cfop my th on cfop got down to 17 which is so much better than the hundreds of slow solves I’ve done. I was thinking of every day I can practice (which is maybe three days of the week) I think a good practice strategy would be to do 15 minutes for fb, 15 for second, and 15 for lse. Then I will finish with 30 minutes of solves. For the cmll I’ll set a weekend just to drill all the algs and do it again every once in a while. Then for lse I can not for the life of me figure out eolrb.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also I have been doing some bld solves and I never get my corners right. Edges are always perfect but never the corners. Do you have any suggestions why??

DNF_Cuber

So for some reason I’m trying out roux. I’m a week in and I average like 35 two handed and 45 one handed with roux. Because of my practice with oh cfop my th on cfop got down to 17 which is so much better than the hundreds of slow solves I’ve done. I was thinking of every day I can practice (which is maybe three days of the week) I think a good practice strategy would be to do 15 minutes for fb, 15 for second, and 15 for lse. Then I will finish with 30 minutes of solves. For the cmll I’ll set a weekend just to drill all the algs and do it again every once in a while. Then for lse I can not for the life of me figure out eolrb.
No need for EOLRb until you are maybe sub 12

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So over the past week I haven’t been cubing the most, and i got a gocube. This really was an eye opener about how many moves I’m using during f2l, so that’s something to work on!! It also helped me learn how to use inspection properly, and about 50% of the time i can do cross+1!!

I also did an ao100 on skews over the past week and noticed that it’s kinda fun so ill probably continue to practice if anyone has any tips. I average about 12 seconds.

Last edited:

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Every year since I’ve learned blind on New Years I’ve attempted a fake year delayed blind solve. It’s fake because it isn’t an actual year but about thirty minutes over the new year’s. I won’t be timing it, but I’ll give you memo. I use m2/op with a UBL buffer for corners and a DF buffer for edges. I solve white top green front.
L' U2 F2 U2 F2 L F2 L' F2 L B L R' B L U B2 U L2 Rw2 Dw
Edges: DIG NaP MalL O I’Ve
Corners: WeatJe GaN RuBbish IKea

Edit: so I failed!! It’s fine. Just got to wait another year!!! To be real though I really didn’t fail as bad as I thought. I don’t know exactly what happened and how close it is to be solved, but I’ll add pictures. What I did get wrong was that I messed up my corner memo and r was my buffer. I also went straight into the I and absolutely failed at the execution but somehow got it back. So I’m annoyed but proud!! I will practice blind more throughout the year and probably do an actual year delay blind solve!!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So this week I found out that there will be a comp where I live so now I’ll be practicing for that, but I’m still working on 4bld. I got one really close solve where it was like 3 wings and a center swap to solved, but since then it seems to become more scrambled when I take off the blindfold. It’s probably me messing up setup moves. Also when doing wings memo I can tell when I need to find a new cycle, but I have no fast way to see it. As usual, any advice would be well received