• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Sub 10 progression thread. This time for real!

Which Event Should I focus on for the next few weeks or Months?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven’t been doing a lot of 4bld this week. I’ve got a really taxing assignment for school that I’ll turn in this week and have more time to set aside To do a 30 minute attempt. I was also practicing for the comp and that mainly consisted of 4x4 and 3x3. I dropped my 3x3 ao100 down a second and am hoping to get a new 4x4 this week to help with that. Until next week!

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I didn’t get the 4x4. I’ll order it tomorrow. I’ve been doing a lot of 3x3. Not a lot of improvement, but I’ll get there. I’ll probably do a few 4bld attempts this week. Excited for that! See you next week. I’ll get some great improvements, I know it!

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I dropped my 4x4 pb down by 4 seconds, both single and average with my new mgc. I realised that I use an Mac for every nxn except 5x5. So other than that, I’ve been getting some pretty wicked 3x3 averages, I did a six cube multi attempt for the first time (0/6 not good), and I’m trying to get good at clock because I’m competing in it in a week and a half. Finger tricks are so confusing. Any tips would be helpful. I’m also hoping to get consistently sub 55 on 4x4 and sub 15 on 3x3 for that comp.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So today i was just solving, and I got a 10.77. A pb. The thing is i didn’t realize it was a pb, and i did like 50 solves then realized what happened lol. I also got like a 12.68 ao5.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Clock, 3x3, and 4x4. That’s what has been happening this week. I’m good to say I’m sub-1 on 4x4. Getting a good cube really helps. Then for clock i average 20 flat. Pretty good for one week of practice. I might push harder, but not sure I will. Then for 3x3 my ao100 is 16.5, mainly because I’m extremely inconsistent and will get 12s and 22s in the same average lol. Those bad solves are mainly just lack of good look ahead and bad fingertricks. I should grind lags at some point. I’m competing this weekend. I’m excited to share the results.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This week I was practicing for my comp, and lets just say I was not expecting what happened. I didn’t improve any PRs in 3x3 at the comp because for some reason the night before I was 6 seconds slower than average lol. So I failed 3x3, but everything else was a massive success. I got a PR in pyramid, and I forgot to bring one so I had to borrow someone’s. I got pr in 2x2 which is weird, because I don’t practice it. In clock I got a 21 average which is great considering how bad my clock was. In sqaun, another event i don’t practice much, I got a pr for both average and single, and then in 4x4, I got sub 1. Since the comp I’ve mainly been practicing blind and fewest moves for PBQtah. Thanks!!

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This week I've been mainly doing 4bld for pbqtah this weekend. Not much had changed since last week, until I got my first success today! I'm not quite sure about the time, but I'm pretty sure it would have been state record because no one has competed in 4 bld. I also got 3/3 on multibld, but I want to do 6. Tell you about my results next week. I'm still buzzing from the 4bld success.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got a 34 in fmc!! First sub-40. I did it on this site, but it won’t let me submit. https://www.fewest-moves.info/submit

R' U' F U' B2 F2 U2 R2 U F2 U2 R2 U' R' D2 U F L F' R' D2 F L2 R' U' F // scramble

U D2 F’ L2 // 2X2
F’ R D’ R2 D2 R’ // PSUEDO 2X2X3
D F2 D’ F’ D2 // F2L-1
(L’ F’ L F)X3 // LAST SLOT
D R2 U’ R’ U R’ D’ // OLL
R2 // Auf

This is only like my 3rd or 4th fmc solve, so I’m quite happy

Solution- U D2 F’ L2 F’ R D’ R2 D2 R’ D F2 D’ F’ D2 L’ F’ L F L’ F’ L F L’ F’ L D R2 U’ R’ U R’ D’ R2

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
It might not be letting you submit because of the curly apostrophes in your solution. If you compare the scramble to the solution, you can see the difference. If you did this on a phone (iPhone specifically) you can go into settings and turn off smart punctuation, if not, I am unsure how to fix that.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It might not be letting you submit because of the curly apostrophes in your solution. If you compare the scramble to the solution, you can see the difference. If you did this on a phone (iPhone specifically) you can go into settings and turn off smart punctuation, if not, I am unsure how to fix that.
Thanks for the advice, I’m using an iPad, so that’s probably the problem.

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This week I was going big on blind for pbqtah, hoping I’d get a success in 4bld, but I didn’t lol. It’s fine! Instead i got a really lucky scramble in 3bld with like three corners unsolved and most of the edges. I got a 1:48 which is state record as i mentioned in the accomplishment thread. So that was great! I’m not sure what I’m going to work on next, but it probably won’t be blind or fmc. If anyone wants me to get good at something just suggest it, my wca profile is pretty accurate for my times if that gives you an idea. Thanks!!

P.S. This is my 100th post on the forums !!!

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I took a break this week, but I’m getting into 3x3, which should hopefully improve all my other nxns. The last time I competed in 3x3 and 4x4 my 3x3 time were about 1/3 to 1/2 of my 4x4 times which is way to close lol. So that’s what I’m doing. Let’s get some epic pbs!

Swamp347

WCA
2018PORT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’ve been trying to revamp my f2l, so i can do it fast from all angles, and there are a few cases where i do a sledgehammer in the back, and I’m not sure how to finger trick it. Can someone help?

Bh13

WCA
2013HOPP01
For sledgehammers starting with R or L’, just do lw or rw’ (respectively), then U’/U, R’/L, U/U’. For sledgehammers starting with B or B’ I prefer to use my ring fingers for back turns and do more “wristy” turns for R/L. I use both ring fingers once for each respective sledgehammer, hopefully it’s somewhat intuitive which hand to use where.
that’s just what I do, others might have better suggestions!