• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Story of Improvement | Taking a short break

What should I name this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH PLL Day 4:
Aa - 2.92
Ab - 2.86
E - 3.83
F - 4.27
Ga - 3.81
Gb - 3.79
Gc - 3.75
Gd - 3.42
H - 3.49
Ja - 2.58
Jb - 2.56
Na - 4.51
Nb - 4.43
Ra - 3.48
Rb - 3.42
T - 3.01
Ua - 2.39
Ub - 2.25
V - 3.88
Y - 3.75
Z - 2.81

My OH times have dropped the past few days from 20-21 to 18-19 which means the PLL practice is paying off!

teri2769

WCA
2015MCAC01
OH PLL Day 4:
may i plug my oh pll document?

teri2769

WCA
2015MCAC01
these are meta OH algs
RUF is better than RUL and RUD
LMAO i didnt even notice

WCA
2017TUNG13
YouTube
Visit Channel
RUL and RUD is better in most cases, also:

why is your Ub a mirror of Ua?
R U R' U (J Perm) U' R U' R' is good for Na
Wide F moves for Nb?
Standard A-Perms are super fast
RUD G-Perms are infinite times better
And you giving PLL advice is like me telling you how to do LSE

I got sent this thread cause lol

but most of the time, RUF is better than RUL and RUD, at least from my experience doing OH (which isnt really saying much cause i suck)

RUF Can be better than RUL or RUD but typically RUD variants are better, for example this RUL (I rotate to make it RUD) V perm is a whole lot faster than the regular one for OH
R' U2 R U2 L U' R' U L' U L U' R U L'

the regular one for oh is RUx but ok

Yeah I'm not sure if I like the two hand or that one better.
the normal 3x3 one is better than RU, especially if your RU turning speed sucks like I do (you can end the e perm with Uw' instead of D' to make it like quite a bit better)

i dont use those for e perms though, i use some RrUFf alg which I can do pretty consistently in like 2.3

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
it isnt good though
You literally have the NR single and average, AND rank top 40wr in average, how is that not good? I'm mad impressed by OH solvers, especially since it's my worst event by far despite having huge hands. I don't know how people like Keaton get such high TPS during LL but I would definitely consider you to be a fantastic OH solver.

You literally have the NR single and average, AND rank top 40wr in average, how is that not good? I'm mad impressed by OH solvers, especially since it's my worst event by far despite having huge hands. I don't know how people like Keaton get such high TPS during LL but I would definitely consider you to be a fantastic OH solver.
Sorry, you misunderstood puny one, Anto succ at OH

WCA
2017TUNG13
YouTube
Visit Channel
good is a relative term, not an absolute term

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Week 3 is out! For week 4 I will be doing pseudo blocks in FMC and working on 7x7 centers. My centers on 7x7 take me around 2 minutes which I think could be greatly improved with some practice. The way I will improve my centers is by watching example solve and tip videos and doing slow solves, then the next day timing my centers. I will repeat this process until the end of the week, then next week I will go back to normal solves with better centers! I am also going to continue practicing 5x5, 6x6, and Megaminx. I might also practice OH seeing as my times dropped a lot after last week's work on PLL.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I have decided I should change the name of this thread. I think that "Nmile7300's Progress Thread" is just way too generic and boring. So, I'm going to give you guys a choice. I am going to open up a poll on this thread with some options, and after 2 weeks I will change to whatever name gets the most votes.