• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Quest To Learn CFOP (week 11 or 12 maybe )

Paul.Mz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone since the day I've joined I saw lots of threads like this so I decided to share my progress with you all .
I'm planning to leave LBL method and learning CFOP , I think it may be harder but I think learning it will worth it

Goals for this week :

Learn a little bit about cfop.

Try leaning some F2Ls .

Learn 2 algs of 2Look PLL and practicing them .

Practice so so so much

That's all for this week , bye!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone since the day I've joined I saw lots of threads like this so I decided to share my progress with you all .
I'm planning to leave LBL method and learning CFOP , I think it may be harder but I think learning it will worth it

Goals for this week :

Learn a little bit about cfop.

Try leaning some F2Ls .

Learn 2 algs of 2Look PLL and practicing them .
That's all for this week , bye!
if you want to learn about a bit of CFOP, its that it has f2l, for the first two layers. F is for first, 2 is 2 (in layers) and L is layers, so we call it First two layers. Instead of first solving a corner then edge, you do them at the same time, it might be slow at first, but with practice it gets faster!

Paul.Mz

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I did in week 1 :

Learned the 2look pll and it was incredibly fun and good , but I'm still slow at it and I forget when to do the alg . Also I learned f2l , its quite harder and more different than doing the corners first the the second layer and I think it takes me like 40 secs to do it . Didnt start with oll yet but I have a feeling that in is super hard . And I'm averaging about 1:30 ;(

Goals for this week :

_Practice more F2Ls and make my time with them less than 30 secs

_ practice PLLs also

_try to learn 2 algs OLL

See ya next week !

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I did in week 1 :

Learned the 2look pll and it was incredibly fun and good , but I'm still slow at it and I forget when to do the alg . Also I learned f2l , its quite harder and more different than doing the corners first the the second layer and I think it takes me like 40 secs to do it . Didnt start with oll yet but I have a feeling that in is super hard . And I'm averaging about 1:30 ;(

Goals for this week :

_Practice more F2Ls and make my time with them less than 30 secs

_ practice PLLs also

_try to learn 2 algs OLL

See ya next week !
try to learn algs by memorizing them and executing it a few times, take a break for 5 or 10 minutes, then come back and try to recall the alg again. This makes your brain try to remember it and further memorize it. Don't worry about F2L, after more practice I got from like 50 seconds F2L all the way to 30 seconds! Then I practiced more and got to 20 seconds.

Also you should check out my thread, im now on a quest to sub 20 but scroll back all the way to the beginning and you'll find me in the same spot as yours, i was around 1:30 too. https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/nir1213s-quest-to-sub-20-with-cfop.78475/

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
try to learn algs by memorizing them and executing it a few times, take a break for 5 or 10 minutes, then come back and try to recall the alg again. This makes your brain try to remember it and further memorize it. Don't worry about F2L, after more practice I got from like 50 seconds F2L all the way to 30 seconds! Then I practiced more and got to 20 seconds.

Also you should check out my thread, im now on a quest to sub 20 but scroll back all the way to the beginning and you'll find me in the same spot as yours, i was around 1:30 too. https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/nir1213s-quest-to-sub-20-with-cfop.78475/
yep i didnt do that for past ZBLL but I will now

crazycuber36

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I learned intuitive f2l first, then went on to add in the extra algs for 2 look oll and pll, then I went on to learn full pll. Now I'm planning on finishing pll going onto oll, which I'm not excited about :(, and then definitely improving my f2l after, which I suck at and average around 15 sec at, and then I'm going to work on my cross. So like some people already said, try learning intuitive f2l first, then 2 look oll and pll, and then finally learning the full amount of algs for pll and oll.

Paul.Mz

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question?
do I have to do special algs for each case on oll . Or it can be the same if i did the top cross then did the corners like this R U R' U' without moving them . Will it be the same ?

Paul.Mz

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I've done it week 2 :

I learned 2 algs from all and now I know the 2look in 9 secs , but seriously I was practicing plls more and I finally got them in lower time like each pll takes me 4 seconds , and for the f2l I am improving so much like I do it in 25 secs , but I do it intuitively ...
and for the cross I can do it blind but I can do it in 9 secs
averaging like 45secs ----> 1:00min

and let's move to the goals ....

I think I've learned everything for now but I want to make my cross and oll faster and work on some finger tricks and learn lookahead , hopefully my times be lower .

See you soon !