• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
ya ell is way more efficient,
Pll kinda sucks compared to other algsets, its the main reason basic cfop is so inefficient,
but again, I still wouldnt say its better because of tps
im pretty sure if you get the best algs out there for both sets,
there prob max optimized, ell bieng so simple.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
The recognition is basically an EOLL and EPLL, with a lot of practise it will become second nature, and if you're doing just an EOLL and EPLL, that's 3LLL. Most ELL's can be done 2gen (M and U) and are really fast.
Yea recognition isn’t the issue. The point was recognition is the same. Once for OLL vs CLL, and once of PLL vs ELL.
However, you said most ELL algs are just EOLL and EPLL, and if you’re doing 2 algs for ELL and 1 for OLL, then you’re doing 3 algs instead of 2 for LL for basically no reason other than being different or to have fun will CFCE.
Even if ELL algs are more efficient, MU turning is still slower than RUF. This is why the MU vs RU U perms are roughly the same speed despite MU being less moves.

mukerflap

True but you're forgetting that ELL takes significantly fewer moves than PLL.
ELL movecount: 11stm
pll movecount: 12.8stm
source:wiki and alg db
not significantly fewer moves

also cll movecount: 10.85 (idk cll actual movecount so i just used cmll for this since most cmlls are ollcps so the number is probably like 11
and oll movecount 9.7

CFCE debunked

efattah

CFCE only saves around 1.5 - 2 moves. Personally I doubt 12.8 stm for PLL, modernized PLL's use extra moves but are very fast.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would be cool to see you reflect on a year of Petrus during week 52...summarizing what you've learned, current strong points and weaknesses, fun anecdotes, etc. . I think its great you've made it to sub-13 and you have some great ao5s this far and your PB single is quite impressive.

Keep up the good work!

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
It would be cool to see you reflect on a year of Petrus during week 52...summarizing what you've learned, current strong points and weaknesses, fun anecdotes, etc. . I think its great you've made it to sub-13 and you have some great ao5s this far and your PB single is quite impressive.

Keep up the good work!

He's not the OP. Your second sentence is relevant though.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
first mega avg in months, slowly improving.
picked up using petrus eo as i found it easy the few other times i messed with the megaminx.
Like mega alot, will prob become my secondary, as i dont like many other events as much to actually practice them
except 3x3 and 4x4.
currentbest
time2:15.512:15.51
mo32:34.272:27.47
ao52:31.572:31.57
ao122:35.902:35.90