• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Week 37, starting month 10!!! Only a few months until this thread’s anniversary :O
Haven’t been practising much recently, but will try to get around 50 solves at least a day.

Doing some splits right now.
Ok never mind. It’s getting late, and I’m starting to do worse, so I guess I’ll do it in the afternoon tomorrow when I do best. I generally have to warm up a bit before I get into solving, and towards the end of the day, I get more tired, so yeah.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Been watching a bunch of him lately. He's actually really good, especially for his channel size
Ikr his videos are awesome and hilarious.

I subbed after I watched his 2000 solves in one sitting. I was expecting it to be clickbait and maybe he did like 200 solves but he actually spent like 16 hours and did all 2000 solves.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Week 38 - Going back to the old tutorials and lar5.com
Comment: I haven’t really learnt any new techniques in ages, and my blockbuilding style is still quite similar to when I was averaging over 20. I need to go back to the basics, perfect everything. I’ve already tried to do this when I was averaging 25~, but I haven’t learnt everything, which is why I’m going back to my old tutorials to make sure nothing is missed out. For example, lar5.com ‘s example solves and blockbuilding tricks. I never really had the patience to look through them and understand them the last time I visited the site, so I think I need to now, or I’ll never do it. Also I’m getting slightly frustrated with my times not seeming to improve, and just spamming solves, which is another reason for this. My average is probably going to go up after this, like last time, but I think it’ll be worth it long term. My movecount during actual solves doesn’t seem to be very impressive, as shown by my PB ao5, so I’ll have to work on that.

brododragon